CHAPTER 12: THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

"Finney... Are you on something? I mean you're acting so quiet lately. You're not even arguing with anything I've said lately!"

For the past week, Kurt has been completely on to me. He won't stop questioning everything I do.

"I'm not on drugs! I don't go anywhere near them!" I pestered him and walked out of the room.

I hadn't seen Dave since we nearly kissed last week, and I know for sure Kurt had picked up on some tension between us. Speaking of which, I couldn't stop thinking about that moment. What would have happened if Krist didn't walk in?

"Why don't you just answer the phone Finney? You're mom is scary, but not THAT scary" Kurt pressed his hands against his head in hopes of the phone to stop ringing.

"Because I ran out on her? She scares the living hell out of me. Why don't I just unplug the phone?" I suggested to him.

"It works for me" He shrugged.

I stared at the unplugged phone in the corner of my room, contemplating if I should call him or not.

I shouldn't... Fuck it.

I quickly hooked the phone back up to the wall and dialled Dave's number.

1 ring.

2 rings.

Okay... It's not too late to back out now.

"Hello? Who's this?" His voice rang through the other end.

Oh shit. What have I gotten myself into?

"Umm. Hey..." I calmly said into the phone, trying not to show my nervousness.

"Finney? What's up? It's like 9?" He said with a slight tone of concern.

I took a deep breath and tried to find words to say.

"Can we talk in person? Like right now?" I stuttered.

"Of course Finney! Do you want me to come pick you up?"

"Uh... Yea I guess that would be nice. Can you park down the street so Kurt doesn't see? I don't feel like explaining anything to him right now.." My nerves had calmed and I sighed with relief.

"Can do! See you in a bit!" He abruptly said and the dial tone went flat.

Dave lived relatively close to us, so I didn't have to wait too long. I quietly made my way to the front door, making sure Kurt didn't hear me.

I was quite experienced when it came to sneaking out of places, due to having a demon mother and a never present father. Luckily Kurt had barely any idea of my skills.

I slowly exited the flat and started walking like a normal human being, when I noticed something hanging out of the mailbox.

Mail? We barely ever get that here...

I hesitated, then grabbed the envelope from the mailbox. I flipped it over to read,

To Fionnuala, from your ratbag sister, Annahlise.

Why the hell is Annie writing to me? Why didn't she just call? Wait... never mind.

I stared at the envelope, wondering if I should open it now, or leave it for later. I decided later, because I recognised Dave's car pulling up down the road. I folded the envelope up, shoved it in my pocket and started walking towards Dave's beat up car.

"Hey Vanilla!" He smiled as I opened the car door and patted the spot beside him in the front seat.

I warmly smiled back to him and got in, "Hey Dave"

I flared my nostrils, as it smelt surprisingly good for his car.

"Ah, I see you can smell the pizza I got for us!" He chuckled and started driving off.

"Indeed I can... Where are we going anyway?" I asked him.

"Just to a quiet place so we can talk, It's not very far from here" He said and the atmosphere completely changed. Now it was really awkward and we sat in complete silence.

To make things a little less awkward, I pulled the letter out of my pocket and took it out of it's envelope.

"What's that you have there?" Dave looked at me through the rear-view mirror.

"It's a letter from one of my sisters, I haven't heard from her in ages and then she just writes me a random letter" I sighed.

"Laura or Annie?" He questioned.

"Annie" I responded and pursed my lips.

"Well, I think you should read it, maybe she just wants to know how you're doing" He assured me.

"Alright.." I braced myself, Annie has always been a very overbearing and downright sassy girl, so I had no idea what to expect.

To Finney or Finola, Look I don't know how to spell your name sorry!

I'm just writing to see how you're doing, you know? Because you don't answer your God damn phone? Anyway, ever since Laura dragged me here against my own will, I've actually been enjoying life for once. All of her friends are weirdos, but they're funny so that overshadows it. She even introduced me to her boyfriend, you know the one she's been with for like 2 years but never bothered to even tell me? Yea him, I think his name is Chris or something and he's like really hot! Anyway, just letting you know that I'm doing okay, because I know how overprotective you can get. I haven't done anything stupid yet either! Hope you're proud!

From your favourite sister and mom's least favourite,

Annahlise.

"Anything interesting in that?" Dave noticed I had finally finished reading.

I shook my head, "She was just complaining about how I didn't contact her, which is true, I should be contacting her, and she was going on about how Laura's friends are weird. Oh and that her boyfriend is hot!"

He snickered, "Of course she was!"

He drove into an empty parking lot and stopped his car. "Alright, we're here. I'll get the pizza, you go sit on the hood. Believe it or not I don't want any mess it here"

I shot him a smile and got out.

As I sat on the hood of his car, the butterflies in my stomach started to rise again.

Don't fuck this up Finney.

"Alright! I have obtained the moolah!" He held the pizza box and sat next to me on the hood of his car.

I looked up to that stars and took a deep breath.

"You know what I wanted to talk about right?"

"I had an idea" He whispered. "I wasn't trying to rush you into anything, I swear!"

I giggled and put my hands to my face, "No silly, that wasn't my reaction"

I inched myself closer to him and put on a semi serious face.

"So... What are you saying then?" He asked with a flirty tone.

"I'm saying that I really like you. And also that I wished Krist didn't walk in! That bastard" I cringed when I thought about it.

"I agree! I feel like they knew something was happening too!" He matched my embarrassment. "But I can say that I really like you too Finney!"

I smiled and leaned my head into his shoulder.

"So what now?" He asked in a humorous tone.

"Isn't it obvious?" I giggled, "You're supposed to kiss me"

He quickly grabbed my face and pulled me into his lips.

Finally.

AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry for my poor uploading schedule. I am writing more chapters right now and nearly have my ending written out! Thank you! :)