CHAPTER 6: LADIES FIRST

I woke up at 9 the next day, to the sound of Kurt, Dave and Krist bantering in the living room, I wish I could say I was surprised.

"Do you think she died? Head injuries are a common cause of death" Kurt whispered, but I could hear it through the thin walls.

"You'd better hope not, you'll be homeless" Krist laughed.

My headache from last night was slowly starting to get better, but it reminded me of everything that happened last night. I acted psychotic, and now everyone probably thinks I'm a nut job.

I slowly got up from my bed and dragged myself to my door. My hand was about to turn the knob, when it started slowly turning by itself and the door swung at me.

"Jesus, have you ever heard of knocking!" I yelped.

"Oh shit! I'm sorry Vanilla!" Dave quickly apologized. "Look, there's someone at the door, he says he's your boyfriend or something"

It's Fionnuala.

I rolled my eyes, "Tell him to go away, I don't want to see him ever"

Dave gave me a strange look, "He said he's not leaving until he speaks to you, and I think he will beat me up if I go out there without you. He's a bit scary." He said while shrugging his shoulders.

"Where's Kurt and Krist then, I'm sure Krist could knock him out if he wanted to" I said while trying to peek at the front door.

"I think they left because they were scared you died or something" He chuckled

Our conversation was interrupted by loud knocking at the door. Dave looked at me like he was going to pee himself.

We both simultaneously looked at the large window that sat right above my bed.

"Let's get the fuck out of here before he comes in" I whispered.

I grabbed his arm and quickly pulled him onto my bed. He watched as I struggled to pull my window up.

"I got this, I used to sneak out all the time" He said, as he opened the window with ease.

"Or maybe you just have really strong arms from drumming" I snickered.

"Ladies first" He said with a chivalrous manner.

I raised an eyebrow at him then climbed carefully out of my bedroom window, while he jumped out like a lunatic.

"Alright! We did it! We're still alive!" He celebrated.

I laughed at how stupid he looked, celebrating the fact that he climbed out of a window.

He swung his arm around me and we started walking to the nearest gas station to get a drink, and Dave wanted to get cigarettes too.

"So... was that actually your boyfriend or..?" He asked while kicking a stone with his foot.

"Well.. I guess you could say that, well we used to be anyway. He was the one I nearly attacked with that glass bottle last night" I blurted.

"Woah, so you two have mad issues then?" He nearly choked.

I giggled at his statement, "We never really had chemistry to begin with, he was the son of my mothers best friend, so she set us up. She hated the idea of me constantly hanging out with Kurt, so she wanted me to have other males in my life I guess."

"So you guys broke up I'm guessing?" He said with a slight tone to his voice I couldn't quite pick up.

"I mean, we haven't really discussed it, but from my point of view, we certainly are. I'm not sure how he sees it though,"

He slowly nodded his head, "So.. You're saying if he saw me right now, with my arm around your shoulder, he'd kick my ass?"

I smiled and looked up at him, "Hmm, I guess you'd have to catch him in a good mood for him to spare you"

"Well, it's his loss. For one, he misses out on a girl like you, and he kicks my ass without knowing what a funny guy I am" He joked.

A girl like me huh?

"So, anything else that I need to know about your love life, like any other crazy weird guys that would beat me up right now, because despite my great looks, I'm not really the fighting type"

I shook my head and laughed.

We continued walking, while dying of the morning heat. It was around 20 minutes before we made it to the gas station, though it felt like less. Dave could ramble on for ages and find a way to make it interesting.

He was unlike anyone I've ever met.