Chapter 103

TWO DAYS LATER

Hands folded, and standing upright Damien stared at the screen of his laptop, where he was currently having a video call session with Alvarez.

Alvarez and his daughter Ivy rather... The little kid was stationed on her father's thighs, eating some snacks out of a bowl.

Dragging his gaze away from her, and back to his best friend, Damien cleared his throat and said for the umpteenth time today, "How many times will I tell you that I've been calling her line but it's not reachable. It's never going true, and with every single call that goes unanswered, the more my suspicions about her grows."

"Damien, you have to calm down."

"I can't calm down damnit! Katherine is a living ticking time bomb. I can still vividly remember the threats she let out the last time we met and I had to leave her in my hotel suite in anger. Do you also know that when I came back, she turned my suite upside down."

"What? What do you mean man?"

"Man... She shattered the glasses in the room. From the mirrors to the tables... She tore my clothes with a knife or whatever, and my bedsheets too she tore every single thing. As if that was not enough she cut herself and sprayed blood all over my room. I didn't even see most of what she did because I was angry when I saw the state of my room and left that night in anger, but the hotel manager sent me some pictures. Again I've confirmed that she's not in New York, so that means she's still in London. So why the fuck isn't she picking my calls? Just why? Where is she? What is she up to?"

"Have you called Mr Scott?" Alvarez asked the second he finished talking and with a sigh Damien replied, "No I haven't."

"Why? I bet he has no idea that his daughter is even here. You need to tell him what she did to you. He needs to know that you're suspecting his daughter, and that she might have a hand in the abduction of Madison."

"I can't man. I just can't." Damien blurted after a while.

He didn't have any concrete evidence yet, proving that Katherine had a hand in this.

Also coupled with the fact that he currently wasn't on good terms with her father, he could just make everything worse should he call and begin to lay accusations.

Damn it! He was just so confused.

"Damien..." Alvarez called after a while, and dragging his sullen face up, staring at his screen he raised his brow in question as if urging his friend to continue talking.

"You know..." Alvarez began again after a long while, "I never liked that bitch, sorry to say. From the first time I set my eyes on her, and the way her needy claws dug in you, I knew she was bad for you. I tried to tell you then Damien, I even warned you but what did you do? You deflected my speeches at every turn. You..."

"I really don't know what came over me then Alvarez. I mean, I was with her because she was a good fuck and... and... her father was doing business with me. I saw the good opportunities I would get if I assented to the relationship and undoubtedly it helped me but then..."

"But then see what you've gotten into. Just see."

"I know brother, I know. I'm just freaking confused. It's been more than six days since Madison's kidnap and I'm barely living as it is. Even with the bounty placed on her head, no one is coming forward to say a thing. I mean, I won't even be mad at the kidnappers if they just accept the money and give her back to me. I need Madison here with me... I want her back... I..." Stuttering Damien broke into a sob, his head falling to the table as he began to cry like a kid.

His shoulders shaking heavily, he could hear Alvarez's daughter ask what was wrong, but even then he didn't stop crying at all.

He was shedding tears for all the things he'd just lost. All the mistakes he'd made in the past, and the nagging feeling that Madison was not in a good place right now.