Epilogue

CUE - Plays Jenna Raine's - See You Later (ten years) (I added the video link and it somehow matches the theme of this beautiful love story so y'all can listen, and also tell me what you think.)

~ They were drawn to each other in ways they had never experienced

~ They were drawn to each other in ways they had never experienced. It wasn't a coincidence but an undeniable fated connection. Because when their hearts first collided, they knew their soul was already infused together. ~

SOME MONTHS LATER

"No way..." Madison's hand shook as she held the white pregnancy test stick in her hand, her jaw dropping as she stared at the result she was seeing.

Her hands shook heavily, and as beads of sweat flowed down her face, she began to walk away from the toilet and back to the bedroom she and Damien shared.

"This has got to be a dream." Madison muttered to herself, a tear falling down her face as she gently placed the stick on the table and continued to stare at it, but she could not comprehend what she was seeing.

Her eyes closed; she tried to tell herself that, indeed, her eyes were playing some trick on her, so she had to close and open them again, but when she did... The pregnancy stick was still there.

Showing two positive lines, indicating that she had conceived just two months before the wedding.

"Oh my gosh...." Her voice broke, her palms going to her face as she covered her lips, stifling the sob and scream threatening to spring out from within her.

The last few days began to make more sense to her, and she could see the cause of her sickness.

The early morning fever, vomiting and loss of weight. The unnecessary fatigue and raging hormones. She'd lost her appetite for most foods and suddenly became selective, and this was because she was pregnant.

Damien had even been the one taking care of her every day. Cooking and making sure she took her drugs too, as he claimed she was suffering from some malaria, but lo and behold, it wasn't that.

"Oh goodness..." She didn't want to believe this, but the truth was staring right back at her.

She was pregnant! Some weeks or months gone, she had no idea, but a fetus was growing in her stomach.

After years of mourning her lost child and getting used to the knowledge that she might never hold her child in her hands anymore, the reality of her situation came crashing down upon her like a ton of bricks, and tears began to stream in torrents down her face.

Opening her eyes and trembling all over, Madison couldn't hold herself back this time, and so she screamed...

.......

The second Damien heard that scream, the knife he was holding fell to the floor, and his eyes widened in shock. He glanced at his mother, who was standing beside him.