Chapter Seven

(To all those who begged for an update: Alright, alright, geez! Here it is already! XD)

Danny's POV

I stared down at myself. This wasn't the jumpsuit I was wearing before...

Or maybe... It felt familiar... Comfortable, even. Like I'd been wearing it my whole afterlife.

Perhaps it was the jumpsuit I was wearing before... Just... Well, inverted. But how was that possible?

I stared into the mirror again. Blue eyes stared back, and spiky raven black hair stood out above everything else. How was this happening?! I don't remember ever looking like this... Except, it almost felt... Natural. Almost as if I had looked like this at some point before, and I had grown used to it.

Of course! Clockwork said I would be human if I went through that portal. Either that or fried to oblivion. It looked to me as if the former was my current predicament. So huh. I'm human. This is what I look like... Human.

Somehow, I imagined this a lot differently. I have no idea why... I just did. Maybe being stuck in the Ghost Zone for ten years warped my idea of human and ghost.

To me, it felt like the ghosts were the normal ones and the humans were the aliens to our world. Something tells me humans think the opposite of us ghosts.

I ran my hand through my now raven black hair, which was still as soft as I remembered, albeit... Really greasy... Either from the gel or the fact I hadn't washed it in a decade. That might have something to do with it...

Yeah, being a ghost and dead, I don't think showers were really my top priority. I didn't respire any more and therefore I didn't sweat.

But now, apparently, I do. Great. Something else to add to my bucket list of 'Stuff you're obligated to do when you're human'.

However, my hair was still, surprisingly, just as spiky and styled as I remembered it. My anatomy was the same... Just the colours... Almost everything was inverted.

Wait, was I still a ghost? What did Clockwork say? Oh, I don't remember! Okay, don't panic, don't panic! IT'S NOT WORKING! GAH!

I just wanted to punch a wall in my panic and frustration, but something told me my now human hand wouldn't be able to endure that without unbearable pain and a few broken bones.

I snatched at my hair again with both hands and lowered my head, muttering to myself. How the heck was I supposed to know if I was still a ghost? Well, surely, if I was now human... Oh, CRUD! Did this mean I didn't have my powers any more?!

I was just about ready to hysterically jump out the window to see if I could fly when, abruptly, a space-age, spectral noise filled my eardrums.

I looked around frantically for the source of the noise, ready to jump into action when I saw a huge bright light materialise at my waist.

I screamed as it turned into a glowing, halo-like ring, like a hula hoop floating in mid air, and it split into two, travelling up and down my body. Before I knew it, I was hyperventilating uncontrollably. I squeezed my eyes as tight as I could and crossed my arms over my face as if to shield myself from some imaginary force.

Then, the sound stopped.

I dared to open my eyes, and I was so glad I did.

I gasped loudly. I was... Me!

The mirror I was staring into wasn't mistaken, right? It wasn't playing tricks on me, right?! It was showing me snow white hair and glowing green eyes, as well as tanned skin, my favourite black and white jumpsuit (not inverted), and a ghostly, opaline white aural glow surrounded the entirety of my body.