Chapter Ten

A/N: I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR PUTTING THIS OFF FOR A WHILE, BUT I HOPE THIS CHAPTA MAKES UP FOR IT SOMEWHAT... XD This chapter is dedicated to @myseriousfakesmile because they're awesome! And they were probably the person who drove me to finish writing this chapter the most. I've only known them for a little while but I can already tell they're as awesome as hell... (I purposely made that rhyme, LUL! X3)

A moment of silence passed until Jazz suddenly started laughing, completely in contrast to the teary-eyed composure she had earlier. It confused me, "What? What's funny?" I asked sceptically.

"Hahaha... You're joking, right? Don't try to give me that, seriously." she had stopped laughing now, instead she had replaced it with a serious "Don't mess with me" look.

Uh... Unless I was mistaken, I was pretty sure I was telling the truth. Unless Clockwork lied to me about this just to prank me... (Because if he did he would definitely get what for later...) But anyway, why didn't she believe me?

"But..." I started.

She interrupted me, "Do you really expect me to believe that? What, are you trying to tell me that you're somehow related to me? I mean, there's no way you can be... My..." tears welled up in her eyes again.

I wanted to roll my eyes, but something or other told me that might not be very appropriate. "Jazz, calm down, it's okay... Please... Just hear me out?"

She looked up at me with red, puffy eyes. I gave her a reassuring smile and eventually she gave me a small nod.

"Listen, I know that hearing this from me may be a bit much for you, I mean, I'm a complete stranger... Why would I suddenly take refuge in your house saying that I was part of the family once? You may not believe me, but I didn't bust into your house seeking out your parents' portal. In actual fact, I came out of the portal and into your lab. I turned it on from inside the Ghost Zone."

She was gaping at me now. The "Don't mess with me" look had dimished somewhat.

I sighed, "I'm so sorry, I didn't even know I could come back here until now... A Ghost named Clockwork helped me out and sent me here. I didn't even know what the outcome would be if I came here. Right now I'm just sort of winging it..."

Tears were still streaming down her face, and for some reason I couldn't blame her. This was pretty sudden to learn, especially for someone who hadn't seen their sibling in years. "Bu... But... I- It can't be... You... He..." then she suddenly blurted out, "My brother has been dead for ten years! You can't be him, it's not possible! If you were my little brother, you would have proved it by now! I don't need all your mumbo-jumbo, I mean, what kind of sick joke are you even pulling?!"

"But-"

"... I think you should leave."

My eyes opened wide, "What?"

"I said 'Leave!' And don't come back!" and before I knew it, she was pushing me out the door; the tears had returned.

I turned on her, "Jazz, for fuck's sake! Please-"

"GET OUT!"

"NO, I WON'T!"

Suddenly, I felt my eyes burning with a force that was all too familiar to me; immediately I knew that they were glowing bright green in my anger. I usually wouldn't expect myself to get that mad, but then again, I am a fourteen year old with hormones. I didn't even realise my clenched fists were slowly being encased in neon green energy.

She was clearly startled by my outburst, probably just as much as I was about her's, maybe more. I could see her eyes glistening with some emotion that I found incomprehensible. I slowly found the surge of power speeding throughout my body distorting my senses, and I decided to take a deep breath. Soon enough, it ceased, and I noticed the glow encasing my hands slowly disappear. Woah... I should not have lost control like that... That was so unlike me... What was going on? Was it because I was partially human that some of my power was subconsciously showing through my human half? Would that happen often? Because if so, it would be really, really hard to keep my powers from those around me...