Ch. 2

Reign wore a black long-sleeved shirt with a black and white plaid skirt, tucking the shirt into her skirt, and a pair of black boots. Her maids convinced her to put on a pair of black tights so she wouldn't be too cold. They did her hair half up and half down, leaving her white hair tied into a ponytail at the back of her head with a black ribbon that was made into a bow. Her makeup was light and made her red eyes and pale lips stand out but her eyeliner made her fox eyes stand out more than they usually did.

The only reason why she dressed up was because Tohru was coming over. The moment she found that out, she immediately told Hatori she would be over with him. She knocked on the door and he answered inviting her in. She took her boots off and slipped on a pair of his many house shoes.

"Aren't you a bit cold?" he asked, shutting the door behind her. "Your skirt is a bit short and you aren't wearing anything too padded. 

She looked around and saw that he had tea brewing, the tea set out, and the door to his office was open. She sighed and turned around to face him. "I don't live far from you. What's the point in wearing all of that?"

"You're going to transform in this weather." he lamented.

Reign smiled. "Then I guess you better  find me a jacket to wear when I go back."

He sighed audibly and made her laugh. She walked into his office and sat down in the couch by the window like she always did and he sat across from her.

"What do you intend to talk to Tohru about?" Reign asked staring at him.

"I don't plan on telling you. You may try to stop me."

She scoffed. "I've never been able to stop you from doing anything. Don't act like I can now."

He questioned her with his eyes. "I still have no intention on telling you."

"Fine." she said sighing. "I'll just observe."

Hatori crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at her. "You're not going to stop me from saying what I need to say?"

She nodded. "There's a reason you summoned her and you don't summon people without good reason. Unless it's me, Shigure, or Ayame."

"Meeting her at the culture festival," he started. "It was as if she was a breath of fresh air to those two. She reminded me of you to us in a way."

She raised a brow and her eyes widened slightly. "I don't think I'm a breath of fresh air. I endured the same pain you all went through, just had my parents distance me away from it. I was nearly considered an outsider since I'm half South Korean, was born in Korea, got possessed, and made my family move back to Japan after I transformed into a baby fox after my dad held me. I didn't understand my predicament so it took me longer than you all to understand why I couldn't hang out with other boys. Let's not forget the obvious language barrier. My parents spoke Korean with me even when we moved back here. I didn't understand Japanese until I was what, eleven?"

He chuckled softly. "That's exactly why I say you were a breath of fresh air to us. Though we didn't say it directly, we enjoyed being around you despite the language barrier. It didn't take you long to become fluent so we could talk easier but the innocence from not understanding Akito's and the maids insults were a breath of fresh air considering how easily you brushed them off and put a smile on your face."

Reign smiled and remembered the fond memory. She remembered the first time she came to the estate and how Akito's head maid treated her. She was beyond rude to her and said countless insults that Reign couldn't understand but she could understand that they weren't nice. Reign brushed it off and said something rude back in Korean but it was in a witty way that even her parents couldn't get upset about. The boys didn't understand so she wrote it out for them in the best way that she could in Japanese. They applauded her for it and she blushed.