Ch. 16

Reign watched her mom set down the tea set and her dad brought out some snacks. The two seemed to be overjoyed to finally see the person they've heard so much about; the only outsider to know the family secret and not have their memory wiped. Reign let out a sigh and watched the door anxiously. Her parents were also excited to see Rin since she used to be stuck to Reign like glue when she was a kid. It was like welcoming back home their second daughter.

"Do you think we prepared too much dear?" her mom asked her father.

"No. I think it's a good amount. We haven't had visitors in so long since Reign and Hatori last visited."

Reign's heart clenched and she fidgeted with her hands as her father said his name, unaware of their current situation.

"Speaking of Hatori," her mother spoke. "He came by and dropped off some fruit. We were surprised you weren't with him."

Reign turned to them and smiled, lowering her head as she did so. "I wasn't feeling too well when he came to visit. I told him it was fine to give them to you himself."

Reign's father sat down. "How has things been going between you two?"

"It's been well." she lied. "We've been seeing each other less because of work but it's still good."

"I'm glad. You two are still young so you'll be fine." her mom said, her tone calm and soothing.

Reign couldn't wait till Tohru and Rin got here so they could get off the subject of her and Hatori. A few minutes later, the doorbell rang and her mom got up to open the door. It was, in fact, Tohru and Rin. Reign and her dad stood and waited for her mom to bring them into the living room. Rin covered herself up more than she usually would since she was visiting Reign's parents and Tohru looked the same as always.

"Isuzu!" Reign's father exclaimed as he rushed towards her to give her a side hug.
"Haven't you grown up! Your hair is as long as Reign's now!"

Rin blushed and smiled. "Nice to see you too Mr. Yuto."

Reign's dad let go of Rin and greeted Tohru with a bow that she returned back instantly.

"Nice to finally meet you. I'm Yuto Soma and that's my dear wife Haeyeon Soma."he introduced.

Tohru came up slowly and had a confused expression on her face. "Haeyeon?"

Reign's mom stood beside her father and smiled sweetly at Tohru. "I'm from South Korea. We moved here after having Reign and finding out that she's a zodiac."

"So you're half Korean and half Japanese, Reign?" Tohru questioned.

Reign nodded. "Surprising isn't it? Most can't believe it until they see my mom."

"No wonder you look different compared to the others!"

Reign's father laughed. "Oh Reign you should've introduced us sooner. She's a delight."

"Anyways," Reign dragged out. "Mom prepared some fruit and drinks for everyone. Shall we sit down and eat?"

Everyone agreed and they all sat down. Reign didn't talk much as her parents talked to Tohru and Rin. She didn't exactly need to since everyone could have the conversation flow without her input. She didn't say much until Tohru brought up how she's seen all the zodiacs in their animal form except her. Reign set down the apple slice she was about to eat and looked around the table.

"You still haven't shown her?" her mom asked, a giggle in her voice.

"No. That's why I brought her here today. Dad can you hug me?"