Ch. 20

Following the accident of Kureno, Reign and Hatori cleaned his blood up with the help of the maids on hand. They did it silently and with the communication of eye movements and hand gestures. Though everyone tried to act like everything was fine, it wasn't. Everything was indeed not fine. The family head nearly killed a family member and is now nowhere to be found.

After they cleaned the room up, the maids tried to treat Reign and Hatori to a cup of tea but they declined politely and told them to take it easy for the rest of the day. As the two of them left Akito's house, it was already well into raining outside. Reign got to the car and just sat in the drivers seat did a while unmoving. She didn't know what to say with only the two of them in the car. What could she say?

"I have an idea as to where Akito could be." Hatori said suddenly, pulling Reign away from her thoughts.

Reign whipped her head quickly in his direction. "Where?"

"The only place she can go; Shigure's house."

"You're right. I don't know why that didn't cross my mind! It's close by."

Hatori grabbed Reign's hand which made her look at him. "Do you think we should go there though?"

Reign had a confused expression on her face. "What do you mean? Tohru is there right now and only Akito knows what she's going to do next."

"The smartest place for us to go is the hospital. If anyone else gets injured they'd have no choice but to come to our hospital. We also can't forget Kureno. Think rationally."

Reign took a deep breath after listening to his words and closed her eyes. She thought it over in her head and when she finally opened her eyes, she felt calmed. Reign looked at him and nodded.

"Then we'll go to the hospital."

Hatori nodded and let go of her hand. "We'll just sit in the waiting room. I don't want to be a doctor today."

"Neither do I. I don't think I'm in the headspace for it today." Reign confessed as she cranked the car up.

*

"How can I-" the receptionist greeted before realizing who it was she was talking to. "Doctors, what are you doing here? Work schedule?"

Reign shook her head. "No. We have a family member that was brought here. Kureno Soma."

She looked down at her computer and typed the name into the system. After a few seconds she must've came across some information and looked up at them once more.

"He's in surgery right now. You can wait in the waiting room or break room."

Reign nodded and she felt Hatori grab her hand. She squeezed it and sat in the waiting room. She felt anxious about not visiting Shigure's but pushed the thought out of her mind as they waited for Kureno to get out of surgery. Reign leaned her head onto Hatori's shoulder and he kissed the tip of her nose softly.

The hospital seemed to be scarily not busy and the lack of patients made Reign feel that something was off. Soon after she discovered the hospital being somewhat empty, another ambulance pulled up and she saw gray hair. Reign hit Hatori's shoulder and pointed. The sight the two saw was Tohru on a stretcher and receiving oxygen while Yuki looked frantic. Reign let go of Hatori's hand and got up quickly.

The doors to the hospital bursted open as the paramedics brought her in. The paramedics were speaking but Reign didn't hear anything. All she saw was Tohru laid out on the stretcher unmoving and unconscious. Her clothes were dirty and there was blood coming from her. Reign tried to walk up to the stretcher and check for herself if she was alive but Hatori stopped her and brought her into a bone crushing hug.