Ch. 19

Over the next few days, Reign and Hatori prepared her house anxiously for the meeting of the parents. They cleaned the house for two days, went shopping for groceries after they finished cleaning, and went shopping for gifts for both sides of the family. The two were anxious but only so because it wasn't the usual meeting of the two families, it was the families actually coming together since the kids are together.

Reign debated long and hard the menu and decided on yakitori, tempura, tteokbokki, samgyeopsal, rice, and kimchi. The alcohol they prepared were sake, soju, and beer. For dessert, they ordered a variety of macaroons. The process took a long time but the two of them finished cooking.

Next, they needed to set the table in her the kitchen. The two set out five pairs of chopsticks, spoons, forks, and glasses for them to drink out of. Reign carried the bowls while Hatori carried the plates for them to eat off of. Once that was done, the two moved the food to the table carefully and made sure everything was lined up perfectly.

"Now," Hatori said, drying his hands. "Shall we get dressed in proper attire?"

Reign nodded. "I have an idea in mind of what I want to wear. Do you?"

Hatori tucked his hands in his pockets and began to exit the kitchen. "Doesn't my usual attire work?"

"I suppose so. Let's not dress up too formally either though." she mentioned.

He gave an 'mn' sound in acknowledgment and continued walking. Reign sighed before checking around the kitchen once more before following him upstairs to changed.

Reign walked into her room and into her closet and looked for a top that she hadn't had the opportunity to wear just yet. It was a squared neck puff long-sleeved with a ruched bust that tied in the front cropped blouse. It was a somewhat beige color with little flower details all over it. The pants she wore with it were low waisted, dark blue, flared leg jeans. The shoes she paired with it were a pair of simple pair of cleared chunky heeled ankle strap sandals.

She styled her hair with it left down but pinning some of it up with a clip in the back and her bangs left out to frame her face. Once done, she put on the necklace her father gave her a long time ago, a ring her mother gave her, and earrings she bought herself.

For makeup, she did a bare face look before doing a thin black wing and a white wing on top of it. In the corners of her eye, she used some highlighter to make the inner corner of her eye more dimension before doing a nude lip. She applied some blush on her cheeks and did one final look through to make sure it was applied well.

Reign sprayed perfume on twice before leaving and going to find Hatori. He was in her room fixing his suit shirt sleeves. His tie was only wrapped around his neck with no shoes on. Reign looked at him with fond admiration and walked up to him and grabbed his tie.

"Is this a different suit you bought? It looks different from your usual ones." she asked, evening out his tie before beginning to tie it.

He brought his eyes up and scanned them over her. His eyes widened as he got to her revealed belly button that showed off her thin waist. Hatori stopped fixing his suit sleeve and wrapped settled his hands on her waist. Reign could feel his gaze and it made her warm.

"Aren't you a bit dressed up? I haven't seen you dress up like this since our early twenty's." he gaped.

Reign smiled as she pushed his tie knot up so it was comfortable enough so he could adjust it himself. "Is that your way of saying you like it?"

He nodded and pulled her closer to him and kissed her. "Yes. I like it very much. I like this compared to the skirts."

She kissed him back and smiled against his lips as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I like the skirts. But, if you don't like them very much I may reconsider the length of some of them."