Ch. 14

Hatori opened the door and Reign walked in first. Reign took her heels off and Hatori shut and locked the door behind him. Once he did so, he picked Reign up and threw her over his shoulder. Reign shrieked at the sudden action and hit his back playfully.

"What are you doing?" she laughed.

"I've been waiting since I saw you earlier." he said, carrying her into his bedroom. "May I?"

Before Reign could answer, he laid her on the bed softly and sat down calmly beside her. The sudden coyness caught her off guard and she found it cute. He was genuinely waiting for her response and wouldn't move until she gave an answer. Reign smiled and motioned for him to come near her. He did so and she cupped his cheek as he stared into her eyes. Her thumb played with his lips and she made it a point to mess up his hair.

"Can I tell you something?" she whispered.

He nodded and Reign continued.

"I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now." she breathed. "Don't shy away from me once I say it."

He rubbed his face against her palm lightly. "I promise I won't. Tell me, please."

Reign put an arm around his neck and made him bend down more so his face and body was closer to her. She kissed him passionately, which caught him off guard. He followed her lead nonetheless until Reign finally broke it, gazing into his eyes when she did. He was breathless and she lightly rubbed her lips against his.

"I love you." she confessed.

The confession was so quiet that Hatori nearly missed it.

"More than love you I think." Reign continued. "I've felt this way for a while but wasn't-"

Hatori stopped her mid-sentence with the lightest kiss to her neck and arms wrapping around her waist. He embraced her tightly, so tight that Reign couldn't move in his grasp. When she looked back at him he had a different gaze in his eyes than the usual. There was a hint of smile in them.

"I wanted to say that first but you always rush ahead of me." he teased. "I've also come to feel the same way about you. We had slow progression getting here but I don't regret it. I love you and will always love you."

Reign blushed at his words yet didn't try to hide it. Instead, she smiled and gave him a kiss on his lips.

"You may continue." she said suddenly.

Hatori raised a brow questioningly. "Continue what?"

"What you started by throwing me onto the bed." she chuckled.

"Are you sure?" he asked, making sure she wasn't teasing him.

Reign laughed. "I'm serious. Do whatever your heart desires, as long as I get to wake up with your head on my chest."

Hatori kissed her head, lips, jaw, and soon his hands unwinded from around her waist and went to her skirt, making Reign flinch.

"That should be a permanent thing from now on, don't you think?" he whispered.

She smirked. "It should. Let's make it that way."

*

Reign sat at her desk in her home office and went through her charts, sorting them out in the order of appointments. Hikaru had an appointment in a few days for her weekly checkup since she was nearing her due date quickly. Reign had just finished a yearly checkup with one of her patients that was over fifty years old. The man was well mannered and kept an enjoyable conversation throughout his entire checkup, making Reign happy.