Ch. 17

"Miss are you well?" the maid asked. "Your eyes are swollen and you seem more tired than usual. I could fix you-"

Reign grabbed her arm softly. "I'm fine. Just please help me get ready to visit Akito."

Though apprehensive, the maid listened and finished Reign's hair and makeup before giving her a nice white jumpsuit that was off the shoulders but still had long-sleeves. The upper body was tight and fitted while the legs flared out. Her hair was pulled into a low ponytail with her bangs combed out to frame her face. Her makeup was light and she wore red lipstick that wasn't heavy but had good coverage. She wore a pair of black red bottoms, a pair of silver earrings, a songbird necklace, and three rings.

Reign was about to leave when she noticed that her eyes still looked a bit big and swollen and immediately grabbed the black eyeliner to give herself sharper and more defined fox eyes. Surprisingly, her wings were straight and clean. When she was satisfied, she finally began her walk to Akito's residence.

As she walked, she zoned out everything around her. The kids playing, the people walking by her, the people just enjoying the weather outside, and more. She was too wrapped up in her thoughts with Hatori to notice anyone. Her face was sullen despite trying to hide it. She felt thankful that she didn't run into anyone on her way there and entered the residence quietly. She greeted the maids with a low bow before going into the backyard where Akito was.

Akito was standing in the middle of the yard, blocking the sun that wasn't shining so brightly. Reign sighed briefly before opening her mouth to speak.

"Aren't you always bothered by the sun?" Reign asked, catching Akito's attention.

Akito turned around stiffly before showing an interesting smile. "Even I have to come outside every now and again. You would know that if you came to visit more often."

Reign walked down the steps and lowered her head. "Coming here as often as I do is enough for me."

"Is it because of Hatori that you don't have time for me?" Akito asked slyly.

Reign didn't let the emotion show on her face, but she was somewhat surprised. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Akito inched closer to Reign. "You know what that means. You see Hatori more then you see me and make more time for him."

"Of course I do. He's my coworker and one of my closest friends. Is that a problem?"

"I think there's something important that you're leaving out." Akito giggled. "Many Soma's have told me that they've seen you two be very close with each other and even holding hands. So I'll give you this one chance to be honest with me; is there something going on between you two or no?"

Reign rubbed her forehead. "There's nothing going on. He's just another zodiac that I'm close with. Satisfied?"

Akito didn't say anything. Instead, Akito made it a point to try and slap her. Reign saw it coming and dodged accordingly before backing away from Akito.

"You liar!" Akito screamed. "I saw you two kiss not too long ago! How is there nothing going on?" Akito asked.

"If you knew that much then why ask me?" Reign sighed. "You want me to feel sorry?"

"You aren't supposed to have anyone but me! I'm the one you want and need in life! I'm your God!

Reign chuckled. "This is what you called me here for? You wanted to confront me about my personal life?"

Akito tried to hit Reign again but Reign stopped the blow. "You, all of you belong to me. I'm above all of you! I deserve your love and respect!"

"이거 존나 짜증나." Reign muttered under her breath. "You don't deserve anything if you can't give it right back." Reign said chillingly. "You may be the God, but you're not mine. I don't worship you." (This is fucking annoying.)