part 3

A wave of nerves washed over me as I stood in the girl's bathroom looking at my appearance. I kept adjusting small details, like the way my makeup or hair looked. I made sure to keep the flyaways down.

I remained there for a few minutes until the bell rang, signaling the start of second period. I did a final once-over, making sure I looked decent. I grabbed my schedule from my backpack and looked at the class I had to attend. English. Taking out the school map, I walked out of the bathroom and began to make my way. I popped in my headphones and ignored the stares I was receiving. I guess it wasn't every day a new student came to Emerson High. Lucky me.

After a bit of a struggle, I finally found my class. When I introduced myself to the teacher, the old man just waved me off and told me to take a seat while he resumed talking about some essay. I did as he said and sat in the back corner of the only open seat. 

Like everyone else around me, it seemed like the teacher didn't care about cell phones, so I pulled out my phone, not putting it away till the bell rang again. Everyone seemed to be livelier as they were excused and made their way into the hall, some rushing to the cafeteria, others to their next class.

I was assigned to the first lunch rotation, which meant I had thirty minutes of loneliness to myself. I wondered if Enzo would even have the same lunch as me, but there was no way of asking him. I contemplated whether to even bother going to the cafeteria, but after hearing my stomach growl, I began walking to the cafeteria.

The looks came as I entered the corridors, as if I had grown two extra arms and was some strange creature.

I formed myself in the long line and waited to scan my student ID card, the one I had received this morning. After I scanned it, I grabbed the only thing that looked appealing, which was a turkey sandwich. Now that I had my lunch, the hard part was deciding where to sit. I quickly scanned the room, and to my luck, I saw some empty tables in the back corner.

I began walking over there, passing a couple of tables along the way. One table, in particular, caught my attention. A familiar curly-haired boy sat around a group of his friends. I was relieved to see Enzo and know we had the same lunch. He looked up from his food, and once he saw me, he began to wave me down. I had a small smile as I approached the table. He sat with some guys I assumed were from his soccer team.

 I also saw Tory and Mason. Enzo was there too, with a blonde girl who sat a bit too close to him. Once my eyes fell on Nico, I could see his permanent scowl and furrowed eyebrows. I ignored his intimidation tactics and approached them.

"Can I sit here?" I asked the group

"Is that even a question?" "Of course, you can!" Tory exclaimed as she parted from Enzo so I could sit. I was about to take a seat when Nico stuck his long legs out. 

Fortunately, I saw the moment he did this. I rolled my eyes at his pathetic attempt to trip me. Instead of moving around his obnoxious foot, I did the next best thing and pretended like I didn't see it and "accidentally" stepped on his toes as I looked straight at him. To describe what I saw, if it were humanly possible, he'd probably have steam coming out of his ears.

"Oops, sorry, I didn't see you there." I feigned an apology before I slowly retreated away from him and took a seat. I could still hear his low mutter of curses under his breath.

"What's wrong, babe?" I could hear the girl asking as she watched him groan in pain.

I took a bite out of my lunch, zoning in and out the entire time until Enzo finally turned to me and said, "Hey, why don't you stop by my house later?"

I'm a bit hesitant until I finally agree. "OK. "

"I'll text you." He snatched my phone from my grasp and entered his number. He cracked a small grin as he returned my phone. I looked and saw the contact name he had given his phone number. The contact name read– My love <3