part 20

We visited two nearby campuses, the total taking 3 hours. Some students found it interesting as they explored campus and witnessed campus life in action; others, like me, found it boring. After all, some of us were only here for the hotel experience and amenities. So, when the tour ended and the buses brought us back to the hotel, we were free to do whatever we pleased.

Tory was getting her hair color retouched while Enzo explored the city and visited his father, who happened to work here. I took advantage of the opportunity to explore the hotel grounds, visiting the large gym, the spa, and the gift shop Nico had mentioned last night.

I settled in, spending the majority of my time relaxing and unwinding on the soft cushioned chair in the spa lounge. The dim lighting and the tranquil waterfall in the corner of the room set the mood.

I was about to fall asleep when I received a message that jolted me out of my trance. I looked down at my phone in my lap and spun it to see a group chat. I looked to see Nico, Enzo, Mason, and myself all in it.

Tory: Guys, get ready!

A few seconds passed, and Enzo responded.

Enzo: Why?

Tory: Don't ask questions! Just get ready and be in my room by 10 p.m., and dress nicely.

Read by all.

I didn't even question it; I got up from my chair, said a quick goodbye to the spa center employee, and walked out to the lobby. I went into the empty dining hall, grabbed a meal, and ate quickly before entering the elevator and making it up to the fifth floor.

Tory's footsteps could be heard as she walked over to the hotel door and opened it for me when I knocked.

"There you are!

"Tory opened the door with her hair wrapped in rollers.

"Did you read my message?" I took a step forward into the room, nodding.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a secret." "You just get ready."

I did as she ordered and took out my makeup bag, retouching my makeup and reapplying some blush and mascara. I applied eyeshadow in a light peachy color and blended it out. When I was finished, I sprayed my setting spray all over my face and fanned it.

I walked over to the bathroom, grabbed the brush I'd left on the counter, and dampened my hair.

I searched the cabinets until I found a curling wand and a straightener. I considered it for a moment, and seeing how I still had an hour to kill, I took out the curling wand and began to part my hair into sections before curling it. I was listening to music to pass the time, and before we knew it, Tory and I were singing together, raising our voices and trying to hit the high notes. When the song finished, I burst out laughing at our terrible singing.

After our singing break, I grabbed the final section that needed to be curled and held it for 30 seconds in the wand before releasing it and racking my hand through the curl to loosen it.

I walked out to find Tory standing at the end of her bed, surrounded by four dresses. I finally understood why she had brought three large suitcases. She had packed her entire wardrobe for the two-day trip.

I took out a thin long-sleeve floral shirt from my luggage. I took it out, rubbed out the creases, and held it in the air.

"Do you think this is a good shirt?" I asked Tory. She cocked her head in my direction. Her brows knitted together as her jaw fell.