part 31

After my sudden realization, I tried everything, including downing a couple of drinks, which only resulted in a massive hangover, and it didn't help that I had an early shift the next morning. I pushed through it. And, luckily for me, I had a bit of a break from the 3-day weekend to deal with pent-up frustration and work on myself.

I spent the first day wallowing in my room, rotting beneath my blankets, only leaving for food and the bathroom. Aside from that, I stayed in bed and watched TV to keep myself entertained. I didn't leave the house unless it was to go to work and back. Tory didn't show up at my house until Saturday, telling me I needed to "stop wallowing" and focus on my happiness.

And on that day, which was the hottest it had ever been since I arrived, Tory gathered Enzo and Mason to make our way to Daylon Pier.

I was walking back from the bathroom after selecting some denim shorts and a black cropped top when I noticed Tory with bulging eyes and a hand on her face.

"What?" As I approached her, I asked. She finally looked up, a pained expression on her face.

"Look," she said as she turned her phone around.

Enzo: What time are we going to the pier?

Mason: In 30 minutes.

Read by Nico and Enzo

"You're kidding me."

"Enzo sent the message to the wrong group chat by mistake." I sighed.

"But there's a chance he won't even show up. He didn't even respond." Tory reassured. I slowly nodded, feeling hesitant at her words.

"You know I should just stay at home and..." Tory cut me off.

"No, we're leaving and having fun." I nodded, and she was right. Five days of moping weren't doing me any good. I needed to leave my house and do something.

I resumed getting ready by brushing my hair and applying a bit of gloss, all before finally grabbing my phone and heading downstairs.

I looked around at the empty kitchen and quickly walked over to get cold bottled water when I noticed a yellow sticky note.  We will be home late:)

I grabbed the note and tossed it aside, recalling Alex's excitement from packing for Garden Edge Resort, a water park, the night before.

"Enzo just texted that he's waiting for us," Tory said as she looked up from her phone. I nodded and set the water bottle down before exiting and locking the door.

We walked across the grass to the driveway, where I saw Enzo already buckled up, the engine of the car running as he scrolled through his phone, looking for the perfect song.

"Hey." We said hello as we jumped in. As Tory tugged on the passenger door, I took the backseat.

Finally, as we took our seats, I looked back at the front of the house, noticing Nico's car was still there, which meant he was home.

Enzo tapped his phone, then set it down and shifted into reverse, his hand on the gear.

I finally opened my mouth as he looked at the back camera. "I thought Mason was coming."

Tory shook her head and gave him a look.

"Um... he's on his way." Tory's expression on Enzo's face gave me the impression that they were keeping something important from me.

I tried to ignore it and looked out my window as we finally rounded a corner, exited a roundabout, and entered the road that would eventually lead us to the highway.