part 33

Feeling the sun shine through the cracks in my window, I tossed to one side, feeling the warmth next to me. Turning to my side, I gripped the blanket that covered my exposed legs and yawned as I moved my legs under the sheets. I looked to my side as Nico rested on the bed, his wavy hair laying on the pillow as his face faced me. His lips parted as he slept soundly.

I see him, and my thoughts immediately turn to what happened last night. My thoughts were interrupted when a loud knock erupted on my door. My eyes popped open when I realized Dan and Wendy had returned and that someone was standing outside my door.

I put my hand on Nico's shoulder and began shaking him, waking him up. He shook his head, letting out a low "mmhh."

His eyes slowly opened, squinting as he looked at me, and widened as he heard the knock on my door.

" Mila?" Outside the door, a feminine voice could be heard. It was Wendy.

"You need to go," I whispered to him, and he nodded as he got out of bed, and as he did, I tried to shift my eyes away from his exposed body, as if we weren't just pressed up against each other. As I walked over, he slipped on his boxers, and I wrapped myself in the thin bed sheet. As I bent over to grab a random shirt and shorts, I felt my body ache. As I started to walk over to the door, the pain grew.

I turned around to see Nico's hand full of clothes as he cracked the window open and threw his belongings outside as he prepared to jump onto the tree. I walked over, closed the curtains again, and started twisting the doorknob. I raised my brows slightly as I noticed the sunburned lady in front of me. Wearing a white jumpsuit made her sunburn even more apparent and worse.

"Hey." I greeted

"Are you going to school late today or—" she rambled on as I remembered that I forgot to set my alarm.

"Oh, sorry, I slept in." It wasn't a lie because I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before and was in desperate need of some. I needed to rest mentally and physically.

"OK," she nodded before turning away and leaving me alone. I sighed as I closed the door and pulled some random clothes from my closet.

When I looked at the clock on my nightstand, I noticed that I was already late for first period, and it didn't make sense to rush. Instead, I took my time and walked over to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Holding my clothes in one hand and a large pink towel in the other, I placed them on the counter, and through the large mirror, I looked at my appearance before I washed my face. I quickly pulled my loose hair back into a ponytail, and a gasp escaped my lips as I looked down at my neck and noticed a few purple bruises that led down to my chest.

"Fuck."

***

After showering, I proceeded to do my makeup, which took a little longer because I tried my hardest to cover the hickeys. Once I was finished covering the few that were the most visible at first glance, I had my hair down to cover them, leaving me reassured if my setting spray failed me and the concealer smudged away.

The fact that other students were still away from their spring break and that I wasn't the only one missing made me feel better when I got to school and began going to my English class as usual.

After English class, I went to the cafeteria, where I set my food down while looking around and scanning the room. Hearing Enzo and Mason's faint conversations, I spent the time looking around, only to realize that the person I was looking for wasn't there.