New Discovery

Chapter 1

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."

-Marcel Proust

Due to the viral controversy of a sudden appearance of a mysterious blue glowing ring object on Manila Bay, the government has decided to send a patrol craft to investigate the unknown object.

Manila, Philippines

January 24, 2026

Manila Bay, The Ring

They decided to send the Coast Guard to investigate the mysterious object.

So they sent out the BRP Teresa Magbanua, an offshore patrol vessel from the Port Area of Manila to investigate the mysterious object.

It carries the Philippines Coast Guard and a handful of people from the Naval Meteorological and Oceanographic Center (NMOC or NAVMETOC) to research the strange object being might be related to a weather phenomenon or that came from manmade by making an illusion from the water droplets in the sea and using a projector for a prank.

The captain of the BRP Teresa Magbanua is on the bridge of his ship with his crewmate performing their duties.

He was sent with his ship to examine the mysterious object on the sea for much nearby Manila Port Bay.

"Captain! Sir, we have visual contact with the target by a distance of five miles while being stationary.

"Ok, reduce the speed to fifteen knots and send in the rubber boats for close-up inspection."

"Ground Station, This is Coast Guard vessel 4DJF8, on Manila Bay reporting, //Over//."

There is silence at the moment till the radio began to chatter back.

"4DFZ9, This is Ground Station, you are loud and clear, //Over//."

"//Roger//, Ground Station, we are on site of the target. //Break//, we are currently sending in the research team to the target, //Over//."

"Copy that 4DJF8, You have the go-ahead with the procedures, //Over//."

"Roger that, Ground Station, //Over and Out//."

On the back of the ship are crew mates and a meteorologist preparing to ride on a small rubber boat.

"Sir, the captain has given the green light for the inspection." One of the crewmates asked the meteorologist.

So, what do you think is it? The first meteorologist talked to his colleague

"Probably a rainbow with a certain amount of composite of gasses with heavy humidity that makes light bounce off bleak cyan from the direct sunlight, and it interferes with the air currents will exchange hot and cold air therefore a mist." The colleague hypothesized the answer.

"It's probably the chemical factories could be tossing out hazardous chemicals on the sea again. More likely it's a light show and a fog machine inside of a small boat by someone trying to be famous on social media." The meteorologist joked it's for a child's play on getting more popular.

Well, it will be answered once we check it out. Ok suit up, we can't be sure what it is, so they send us to investigate because it's probably a weather phenomenon. He added and readied his equipment.

The meteorologist is now wearing white hazmat suits to protect them from dangerous chemicals, probably from the weird phenomenon. They are also equipped with various weather instruments to examine the air quality and the atmosphere levels.