Diplomacy

Chapter 3

"In a world of complex threats, our security and leadership depends on all elements of our power - including strong and principled diplomacy." Barrack Obama

-Barack Obama

Rodenius Sea

BRP Jose Rizal, On the New World

January 24, 2026

Captain Midori didn't understand the man words. The man in the middle is wearing whitish clothing with black and golden decorations and a strange white hat. But his bodyguards seem wearing a grayish dirty dotted uniform with black staves. The black staves don't have any blade attached, it could be a magic weapon they are possesses with.

The man in the middle, probably the captain of the metal ship, he is talking to a language, I can't understand.

Is it possible that this people are come from the far eastern sea that produce this steel vessels?

The man is confused and troubled, that we unable to communicate to each other. Then I realized a solution for this situation.

I asked my bodyguards to bring me a mage or a person proficient with some magic spells.

One of my bodyguard leave to fetched a magic user. But the captain of the metal boats tried to use sign language. He then pointed himself and gave a thumbs up. I guess he show they are friendly.

My bodyguard show a female crewmate that is from my communication officers.

"Captain! What's going on?" My communication officer asked the situation.

"Do you have a spell to translate this man words?" I uttered.

The Captain of the metal ship still trying to communicate with us, but still no result. The captain then pointed at my female crewmate with a mood of curiosity.

"Not really a translation spell, but a spell that can telepathically send understanding thoughts to the host. But, it is usually meant for domesticating on wild animals." She replied with uncertainty of the spell.

"Fine, just give it shot." I reassured.

"Okay Captain, give me a moment to chant the spell."

Her hands began to glow and gather the mana from the air. She began to chant the spell in front of the strangers.

The bodyguards from the metal boat tensed up and raise their black staves toward me and my crewmates. My bodyguards also raised their swords at them ready to retaliate if we got harmed.

The captain and I tried to calm down the situation till my communication officer finished her magic spell.

"Captain, the spell is now finished."

"Everyone stands down, we shouldn't use drastic action." The Captain of the BRP Jose Rizal tries to warn everyone to stand down.

The man he tried to communicate with, has brought a woman to his ship. The woman talked to him for some time, then she began to chant something he still can't understand, but the one that shocked him and his bodyguards is that the woman raise her hands and started to glow.

My soldiers raised their firearms at the strange foreigners to prevent a possible attack from them. As the man bodyguards raised their swords towards me.

As the woman finished her chants, then spoke a word that shocks him even more.

"Captain, the spell is now finished." The woman talked in words that make me felt like I just understand it.