The Coming Age

Chapter 7

"Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us allies. Those whom God has so joined together, let no man put asunder."

-John F. Kennedy

After four weeks of development from the support of the Philippines and the recently joined United States. The nation of Qua-Toyne Principality and the Kingdom of Quila, begin to prosper from an economic and technological level that took a thousand years of progress to merely a month of advancement.

But before the trade deal is undergone, Congress enacted the Trade Control Act of 2026/1639, a law that limited the kind of trade that is allowed from the other world. This banned the trade of specific products like hazardous materials that can damage the environment of developing countries. The prohibition of wildlife trade that is without the approval from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) due to the struggle to survive in unfamiliar surroundings, and may potentially transport new diseases or parasites to an area in which they did not previously exist. And importantly, the banned on selling military hardware to the other world is due to the recently established diplomatic relation between the three countries. It's still in its infancy and the export of firearms may cause an uprising from the lack of proper firearm regulation in the two countries. The new Trade Control Act control acted has some freedom on what can be traded like education books from elementary to high school books could be exported to the other world. 

Even in a short amount of time from the first initial contact to forming diplomatic relations between the two different worlds. It's changed the average person of their perspective on seeing the world. In the Qua-Toyne and Quila countries, they saw the uses of scientific innovation have a hidden huge potential that was considered impossible without the need for magic. While the people from Earth, are not fully accepting the fact that alien civilizations or nearly identical human species exist in different worlds. Plus the fact that the world is more akin to a fantasy world like J.R.R Tolkien's book series. Magic and fantasy-like people from elves, dwarves, and demi-humans create a controversial frenzy in social media. Most people are taken shocked by the existence of the Ring and the other world. While religious organizations are preaching the end of time and presumably the Gates of Hell. Many NEETs in Japan have mass suicides they believe that they could be reincarnated in another world, which worsens the decreasing population of Japan. It's more disturbing that the Furry community is delighted that demi-humans existed on the other side of the Ring, and some are demanding to open the Ring to the public. The Philippine government did not comment on the demand as it was not the main concern from the immediate open access of the Ring to the international community.

As both countries are trading their imports and exports across the Ring. The technological and cultural exchange between both countries flourished and they enjoyed their exchanges.

The Qua-Principality are being pleased with the increased in crop yields and the introduction of more exotic fruits and vegetables being added to the food market.

The textile industry was improved when the Philippine Textile Research Institute (PTRI) conducts applied research and development for the textile industry sector.  Provided modern techniques that dodon'tequire modern machinery and imported fabrics to enhance the quality of the clothing. The Philippines exported large amounts of modern clothing to the Principality, and the native populace are delighted with the pleasant comfort of wearing the clothing. The Barong and Filipiniana are popular among the nobility, as it was lightweight and easy to wear even to the elven community. While sturdy clothes and jeans are widely used by the demihumans and dwarves for their durability and elasticity due to the unique features of the species.