Poor State

Chapter 6

"My formula for success? Rise early, work late, strike oil."

-Jean-Paul Getty

After the trade agreement between the Philippines and the Quatoyne Principality. Massive renovations are undertaken by both countries to accommodate their vastly apart systems.

The Philippines send the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to examine the food products by the Quatoynes. This is ensured on whatever they are edibles and safe to consume. All the tests result to be safe for consumption without any long-term consequences.

They organized a group of medium-sized cargo ships to be shipped to the Ring and docked at the port of Maihark. The shipment would contain commodities that improve the quality of life from access to clean water, cooking appliances, high-quality clothing, medical products, and equipment for the development of the country's infrastructure.

While the Quatoyne Principality are preparing for their arrival, the renovation of the port of Maihark to accommodate the large cargo ships that limit the tonnage of the Philippine ships that entered the port. The installation of a warehouse to store the trading wares to be handed over to the merchants. There is a command outpost to organize the shipment to various trading companies and distribute the imports and exports of products.

Qua-Toyne Principality, Qua-Toyne

February 10, 2026/1639

Philippine Embassy

In the capital of Qua-Toyne, the agreement to establish an embassy for the Philippine diplomats are slowly taking place.

This newly owned embassy was simply a repurposed manor in the Capital's affluent neighborhoods near the Government District.

Needless to say, building a normal embassy in a world that still used brick and mortar and had no electricity would be difficult. Just buying the land would be difficult. This manor had technically been given by the Quatoyne government, although both governments had promised eventual repayment. For now, the manor had enough beds and rooms. It was also close enough to the palace to be practical.

Of course, it had undergone some renovations to accommodate certain basic needs. The former servant quarters had been renovated into the appropriate barracks and arms storage for the Military and DSS personnel. The bedrooms had been renovated to serve as offices for the Ambassadors, military officers, and intelligence agents. A wooden garage had been built for diplomatic vehicles. It even had some generators supplying electricity for essentials like lighting, surveillance, and communications equipment-an antenna had been installed to communicate with the one erected near the Ring.

Most of it had gone into security though. The outside stone fence had been topped with barbed wire. A guard booth was built at the entrance. Windows had been barred and the glass had been replaced by bulletproof glass. One cellar had been converted into a safe room. Another was a monitoring center for security cameras that had been hooked up to the interior and exterior. Wiring those through the walls had been the most frustrating undertaking due to the manor's rodent population being unwilling to be evicted at first.

On the outside, it still looked like a luxury manor mostly bar the unusual fence. But it was now a small fortress. The Philippine flag waving proudly at the entrance of the building to represent the country that is occupied.

Ambassador Abueva looked at the building from the outside and admired the work that both countries have accomplished.

A woman in her formal attire approach to the ambassador to inform him.