First Step

Chapter 5

Author Notes: I announced that I created a mistake on the naming convention on the characters. The Philippine ambassador was addressed by his first name then his last name, because its too formal to called a person first name. I will changed the addressed name to the last name of Ambassador Abueva previous chapters. And fixed some mistakes, for better understanding for the story.

Also, I even changed the cover to reflected the arcs on the multiple scenes for the story.

We had to forge an alliance of strength based not on colour but on commitment to the total abolition of apartheid and oppression; we would seek allies, of whatever colour, as long as they were totally agreed on our liberation aims.

-Oliver Tambo

After the announcement to the extraterrestrial aliens on the international media. The world went to an uproar, it's the main topic in social media and trending on many platforms. News reporters and journalist are trying to gathered more information about the Ring and the world on the other side.

One of them is a national news of the Philippines reporting about the Ring and many question related it.

"Welcome to News Channel 24/7 Oras." The newscaster announced on the news channel. "I am Alvin Hernandez, bringing you the upcoming news of the nation." The anchorman introduced himself."

"Our latest news for the day, is the mysterious Ring that appeared on Manila Bay through unknown means and where it came from." He explained.

"We have many different information from the government and institutions that explained the appearance of the Ring."

"But neither are officially confirmed and the enforced of information on the Ring are kept secret from the government." He added.

"But public concerns and controversy are stirring up on the country and many people are demanding for answers. And on the street is the ordinary citizen of the Capital of Manila on the opinions of the Ring."

He then looked at a small screen showing a man on a different perspective.

"Here's Miguel Palanas, on the streets of Manila." As the view changes to a man wearing a formal suit with a microphone on his hand.

"Thank you Alvin, where are in the streets of the capital of Manila and we're here for insights about the Ring through our citizen perspective." He explained his intention as the scene changed to him with a young man wearing casual attire.

"Excuse me sir?" He appealed to the young man for the interview. "What's your thought on the mysterious Ring?"

"You mean the large strange object on Manila Bay?" He asked the question.

"Yes, the one that mysteriously appeared a couple days ago." The reporter replied back.

"Well, I kinda shocked about a massive portal appearing on the sea and notable nearby on the capital." He answered.

"But sometime and after hearing the discovery that the Ring leads to another world. I'm eager to explore the world on the other side." He added with an enthusiastic grin on his face.

"Thank you for your answer." The reporter thanked to the young man.

The scene changed to a different person that is a elderly woman holding her hand bag.

"Excuse ma'am!" He implored to the woman in the interview.

"I'm here to report about the Ring that appeared on Manila Bay." He clarified to his question to the woman.