chapter 8

Cherry and Pocahontas quickly went back to the village. Percy went with them, even if he wasn't one of them. There were rumors flooding around about Cherry and Pocahontas as Kocoum was taken to be healed, but he was now dead. Nakoma looked just as guilty as they did. John was being held hostage now.

"Your weapons are strong," Chief Powhatan told him. "But now our anger is stronger. At sunrise, he will be the first to die."

"But Father!" Pocahontas cried as she came with Cherry.

Chief Powhatan looked and glared at his daughter and guest. "I told you two to stay in the village!" he told them, sharply. "You disobeyed me! You have shamed your father!"

"It's not her fault, Chief!" Cherry piped up.

"This doesn't concern you," Chief Powhatan glared at her, then back at Pocahontas. "Because of your foolishness, Kocoum is dead! Take him away!"

Pocahontas and Cherry watched in horror as John was taken away to be locked up, then killed.

"Kocoum was just coming to protect us." Pocahontas defended.

"Guys, I sent Kocoum after you." Nakoma revealed. I was so worried about you. I-I thought I was doing the right thing."

"All this happened because of me," Pocahontas moped. "And now I'll never see John Smith again."

Nakoma felt guilty. She wanted to do the right thing but now her new and best friend were unhappy. She then knew what she had to do. Nakoma took Pocahontas's hand as Cherry took Pocahontas's other as they were about to be lead somewhere.

"Where are we going?" Cherry asked.

"Come with me." Nakoma said, leading them away.

Nakoma led the girls to a tent. It wasn't just any tent, they looked in to see where John Smith was held captive. Nakoma went to the guards to allow them to go free.

"Pocahontas and Cherry want to look into the eyes of the man who killed Kocoum." Nakoma told one of the guards.

The guards looked at each other. They then looked back at Nakoma.

"Be quick." one of them said.

Pocahontas and Cherry entered the tent as allowed. As they got in, they saw John tied up to one of the posts.

"Pocahontas, Cherry!" John happily greeted.

"Are you alright?" Cherry asked.

"I'll be fine."

"I'm so sorry." Pocahontas hugged John tight.

"For what?" John asked as he allowed her hug. "This? I've gotten out of worse scrapes than this. Can't think of any right now, but-"

"It would've been better if we never met," Pocahontas cried. "None of this would've happened."

"Pocahontas, look at me," John urged her. Pocahontas did as he said and looked into his crystal blue eyes. "I'd rather die tomorrow than live 100 years without knowing you."

Cherry smirked. That was a little cheesy and romantic all in the same time. Cherry then saw time might have been up as she looked back and saw Nakoma poking her head in.

"I can't leave you." Pocahontas stroked John's face as she saw Nakoma too.

"You never will," John told her. "No matter what happens to me, I'll always be with you forever."

Cherry smiled at them, then the girls quickly left before they would get in trouble. Pocahontas sighed as she didn't want this to happen. Cherry consoled her the very best she could as they went back into the village before they got in trouble again. As they sat together in their little tent, they heard the white men chanting and charging to battle against the Indians.