chapter 9

A while later, John was bandaged up and ready to go back to England where he came from. The others packed for him as Radcliffe was taken away for good. No one would have to worry about him anymore. Pocahontas and Cherry watched as they all remembered what they endured. Pocahontas then went with Cherry and the other Indians to say goodbye to John and the other explorers.

"Here," Pocahontas gave John a piece of tree bark. "It's from Grandmother Willow's bark. It'll help with the pain."

"What pain?" John laughed, then cringed from the wound. "I've had worse pain than this. Can't think of any right now, but-"

"You're always welcome among our people," Pocahontas covered him with a blanket. "Thank you, my brother."

"Take care, Mr. Smith." Cherry added.

Flit flew toward John with a smile.

John stroked his feathers, delicately. "Wow, I thought you didn't like strangers." he remarked.

"You're not a stranger anymore, just a friend." Cherry replied.

Percy came with Meeko. They were carrying something blue that looked familiar to Pocahontas. The Indian girl took it happily and put it around her neck once she recognize what it was. "My mother's necklace..."

"See you, Percy." John patted the dog on the head. He then looked deeply at Pocahontas. "Come with me."

Pocahontas felt touched to hear that. She looked at him and back at Chief Powhatan, unsurely.

"You must choose your own path." Chief Powhatan told her.

Pocahontas looked at her family, then back at John. She gave him a nice tight hug and stroked his hair gently. "I'm needed here." she told him.

"Then, I'll stay with you." John replied.

"No, you have to go back."

"But, I can't leave you."

"You never will," Pocahontas held him as Cherry held back tears. "No matter what happens, I'll always be with you forever."

Pocahontas and John held each other close. Cherry sighed that they weren't getting together, but was happy all the same. Nakoma shed admitant tears for her friend as John was carried off back to England.

"Good luck, lad." Ben said.

"Godspeed, John." Thomas saluted.

John and the others were taken away. Cherry still wondered how she would get home. As the boat went off, they kicked some water waves. There was a giant wave coming for Cherry. The 10-year-old girl let out a sweat drop, then ran off to avoid getting wet, but she was splashed by the giant wave.

Cherry then blacked out and woke up in her bedroom. Cherry looked all around her, she was back home! Cherry still had her Pocahontas book in her hands. She closed the book and hugged all of her stuffed animals since she was now back home and she jumped on her bed.

"Cherry, you'll be late for school!" Naomi called to her daughter, since vacation was now over.

"School?" Cherry asked, then gasped with horror. "MY REPORT! I gotta get to work!"

Cherry quickly wrote in her notebook as she got ready for school. She then rushed to the school bus and continued writing. Cherry wrote on and on until social studies class came. Cherry held her report together as she stapled it and waited at her desk as a boy Dakota went before her and did a report on George Washington, though it was completely inaccurate.

"Thank you, Dakota," Mrs. Dress said sharply. "Next will be Miss Cherry!"

"Right here!" Cherry waved her hand, then went to the front of the room, holding onto her history report. She then cleared her throat and was about to begin. "My report is on Pocahontas-" she started, then it was a normal day as everyone listened carefully and quietly to Cherry as she did her report and outside the school, the wind blew with colorful leaves like the spirit of Pocahontas's mother.

The End