Chapter 4: Beneath Our Nose

Rayla's pov

I'm making my way to the castle using the trees for cover and I landed on one of the branches only see two guards chatting from distance

Male guard: Yesterday I had two eggs for breakfast and was starving today I had four eggs and I'm stuffed so tomorrow-

Female guard: three eggs I get it we don't need to talk.

Male guard: I was going to say two eggs and one sausage.

Once they were gone, I continued through tree branch to branch. I landed on the ground and hide behind a tree to avoid being seen by the patrolling guards while letting them past before I continue on. As i made I out of the forest I stop only to see a river ahead. I hesitated at first before looking up to see the Castle on a hill and looking back down at the water. I took a deep breath and took my weapons put in hook mode before jump from rock to rock across the ravine and on to the cliff side and then I start climbing up. After a long climbing up, I finally reached to the top of the castle walls I pulled myself over and laid on the ground to catch my breath. Soon I got back up on my feet and looked out to the forest.

Rayla: Your wrong about me. (Putting her weapons away.) I can do this. I will do this.

I put my hood on to cover my face and horns less and start running through the castle the castle.

3rd POV

Callum is heading back through the hall minding his own business until he heard someone run by which caught his attention.

Callum: Ez, is that you? Hello?

He takes a look around before continuing walking until he notice someone behind him and believe who it is.

Callum: (Smirk.) You know you can't sneak up on me.

His smirk turn down when he saw an young elf behind him.

Callum: Uh uh you're not who I thought you... You're one if those, with the pointy...

Rayla: (Sarcasm with a smirk.) Oh you don't like my ears?

Callum: (Stuttering.) No. I mean, yeah. Yes, I do, I guess. I mean...I meant the pointy swords.

Rayla: (Points her sword at him.) That's far enough. I'm looking for someone.

Callum: Oh uh did you check back there?

Callum point at the curtain and she saw and fell for it as Callum pulls it falling on her to blind her before making a run. She rips it with her sword and started chasing him. Callum did his best to slow her down but nothing worked. He ran upstairs where there's an exit and run pass 2 guards to warn them.

Callum: She's right behind me!

They both notice it and draw their swords. They attacked her but she manage to dodged them and quickly jump over them before she swept their legs as they're knocked out.

Callum: Hey you swept the leg.

Rayla: (Confused.) What?

Callum: Oh uh nothing!

He ran to the tower which it Virens tower hoping he's there and to warn him.

Callum: Lord Viren! Claudia! Anyone!

He spotted no one in the room as he was toss to the desk by Rayla. He was about to get up but saw her with her weapons at the door.

Rayla: You don't have to die. (Approaches him.) There are only 2 target tonight.

Callum: (Confused.) Wait 2? What do you mean?

Rayla: I'm her for the king. And I'm also here for his son, Prince Ezran.