Book 3, Chp 1: A Reunion

Callum POV

Rayla, Zym, and I travel deep in the forest while I hold out cube, it glows wherever I put it which made me excited. Plants, trees, bugs, animals, everything is magic!

Callum: (Smiles.) Oh man! (Chuckles.) This is crazy, Rayla! Everything here radiates with primal energy.

Rayla: Yup, that's Xadia.

Callum: Wait.

I grab a piece of dirt on the ground and the cube glows to earth.

Callum: What? You're kidding me. Are you kidding me! Magic dirt!? What?

Rayla: (Smirk.) Save some of that googly-eyed amazement for later. We still have a mission.

We continue to walk.

Rayla: I'm taking you to my home. The other elves will help us get Zym to the dragon queen as fast as possible. And if we get home by dusk, I can show you something special.

Callum: (Smiles.) Really? What is it?

Rayla: (Smiles.) Its a surprise.

Rayla picks a fruit and offers it to Zym which he happily accepts it.

Rayla: (Smiles.) You're home now, Zym.

Zym burps, leaving purple dust in air which made us laugh.

Rayla: While we look for help, YN and Eita will send message to the sunfire elf queen about Zym

Callum: I just hope YN will be fine. He'll be excited as I am.

Rayla: Don't worry, I'm sure they'll accept the stone tree warrior.

Callum: Yeah, you're right. What could go wrong?

- - -

YN POV

YN: So, here's how it happened, Callum, Ezran, Rayla, and I had an important task. I promised that I'll protect my brothers on our important journey which I know you wouldn't betray. Oh and I also made a friend who's a sunfire elf, pretty cool right?

  But it wasn't an easy task, Claudia and Soren were sent after us by Viren. Luckily we manage to escape out of their reach. When we were close to Xadia, Ezran learned that the king died, so he decided to return with Corvus to the kingdom which thank you for sending him.

  Oh, and did I mentioned that Callum became a mage, pretty cool right? Once we cross the border my sunfire elf and I decided split up to meet her aunt to tell the important news, once we got to the outpost, I was ambush while she was gone. I was fighting the same lady you were facing until my friend distracted me, giving her the opportunity to knock me out.

  And now I end up here with you, pretty good story right?

I'm sitting with aunt amaya back to back with our hands are cuffs together and she doesn't say anything while we're in some kind of sunfire elf prison.

YN: All right, guess I'll take that as a yes- ow!

She headbutts me from behind.

YN: Okay I'll admit it, I let my guard down. But there was a good reason that I had to- ow!

She headbutts me again to shut up.

YN: Okay fine, I'll shut up. Its just...(Sigh.) I miss you aunt Amaya.

She holds my hand as understandable.

YN: Look, if we want to get out of this alive, just let me do the talking.

Amaya: .....

YN: ....I always hate it when I can't hear you. (Sigh.) As far as I know about Xadia, Callum's probably having a same fate as us.