wanna quit?

𓆩♡𓆪

what mom says, sticks.

at least that was the reality for the now nine-year-old sunghoon and jangmi.

since their parents were self-proclaimed soulmates, they made sure their kids would grow to be as close as they were.

they celebrated their birthdays together, had the same nap times, had the same favourite flavour of milk, were allergic to the same brands of diapers, cried at the same time—

you get the point, right?

so when the two kids randomly decided to tell their parents they wanted to ice skate one day, the parents all thought it to be something else they'd pick up to kill time.

that initial thought vanished when they started competing, however. placing first in both individual and couple competitions, the lee and park pair quickly gained attention, the general public wondering where in the world these two kids had gotten so much talent on the ice.

one day in mid-2018, however, when they were both fifteen going on sixteen, jangmi said a few words that would change the trajectory of their futures forever.

"hey, hoon?" the girl said, walking into the backstage room they had reserved in the arena, waiting on the skating competition to end

"mhm?" he replied, eyes focused on his phone.

she sat on his feet, leaning her body on his torso, her head on his chest. one of his hands naturally leaned towards her hair, scratching her scalp to help with the tightness of her performance hairstyle. she sighed, wondering if it'd be okay to say what'd been pestering her mind the past few weeks.

"i.." she hesitated, closing her mouth in mild regret after saying one word.

"no need to be scared, mi," he reassured the girl, continuing with his comforting actions.

she propped her chin on his chest, sunghoon tearing his face out of his phone to look at the girl instead. he lightly caressed her cheek, admiring her makeup.

"hm?" he asked once again, sensing she was nervous.

whatever. she internally told herself, what's the worst that could happen?

"i'm tired of this.. wanna quit?" she finally said, the shakiness in her voice letting the boy know how unsure she was of her own words.

they sounded like a prayer being answered to sunghoon, though.

he smiled that bright smile she loved so much, "i've been waiting to hear those words since we were nine."

her eyebrows furrowed, quickly doing math in her head. "we've.. been skating since we were nine, though..?"

he put his finger up to his lips, making a shh sound as he brought her into a hug from their previous position. her biggest fear of them being separated wouldn't come true, now they just had to figure out what else to do.

𓆩♡𓆪
+++ yass jangmi mastermind