you speak chinese now?

𓆩♡𓆪

"a survival show?" lee's voice sounded through the boy's room, just as sunghoon closed the door behind him.

he sighed, putting his bag down in it's regular place, giving the girl an apologetic look through the phone. "i don't know much yet, but.. yeah."

jangmi's lips turned downward, sunghoon's eyes growing sad as he saw her frown. "please don't do that, angel.. it won't be too bad, hm? we can work something out?"

his last statement sounded more like a question to himself rather than a confirmation to her— he wasn't sure they'd be able to figure anything out.

"hoon.. it's a long program to see if you get to debut. i don't think we'll be able to pull the 'we've been friends forever and can't spend more than five minutes apart before losing our minds' card,"

now it was sunghoon's turn to frown, knowing jangmi was, unfortunately, right.

park opened his mouth to speak, however was unable to say anything before jangmi spoke again, but not to him.

"ning~ is that you?"
"yes~ what are you doing?"
"on the phone.. i'll be done in a second!"

sunghoon stared at the girl for a second in silence, processing what'd just happened. "you speak chinese now?"

jangmi softly smiled. "i started learning with ningning about a week ago.. i'm still only starting out."

"why's that?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"well.. i was gonna tell you this, but you sorta beat me to the 'give the other world shattering news' race," jangmi softly chuckled, before waiting a second.

"well? what's the news?"

"y'know the girls ive been practicing with?"

"of course,"

"we were confirmed as the debuting group last week,"

𓆩♡𓆪
+ ooo