DOOM

The 'Battle of Ginza', as it was now known as, shook the nation of Japan. A surprise attack by an invading army caught innocents into a bloody battle. Dozens slaughtered and many captured but thanks to one man's efforts, it all came to a halt.

What many described as a video game character, the Doom Slayer appeared from the very same gate the invading army came out of. Videos, pictures, and first account views all started circulating like wildfire reaching headlines worldwide.

His exploits of stopping the army as well as preventing potential reinforcements from coming through saved the day. Senior ranking member of the Japanese Self Defense Force wished to know more of this being and what lied beyond the Gate.

A sizeable force of the Japanese Self Defense Force stood in formation receiving their brief.

When the debriefing ended, the troops all mounted their armored humvees waiting for the tanks to roll on through

When the debriefing ended, the troops all mounted their armored humvees waiting for the tanks to roll on through. Inside the gate was nothing but pitch black with a small light source at the end of the long corridor getting brighter and brighter.

As soon as the first units made their way through, the landscape was all but destroyed and torn apart.

JSDF soldier 1:"What happened here?"

JSDF soldier 2:"Looks like some sort of heavy artillery just dropped their asses. There's craters and burning debris everywhere." The two men then received a transmission from another unit ahead of them.

Alpha:"This is Alpha, radio check."

JSDF soldier 1:"Roger Alpha, Rocker lima charlie."
(Lima Charlie is loud and clear in military terms.)

Alpha:"You don't think it could have been that Doom Guy, do you?"

JSDF soldier 1:"I doubt it, Alpha. It's just a video game."

Alpha:"Roger Rocker, Alpha copies."

JSDF soldier 2:"I hope he's on our side."

JSDF soldier 1:"I hope so too..." He looked over to his driver and reluctantly agreed. Seeing this much destruction caused by one man has a heavy impact on morale of the troops.

_________

Falmart
The Imperial Capital

News about the crushing defeat of the invading army made it's way to the capital. As if that wasn't enough, the Doom Slayer was sighted near the staging area at Alnus Hill, destroying the entire army that retreated.

Back in His Majesty's throne room, Marcus debriefed the Emperor of the losses they've sustained.

Marcus:"Your Majesty, including the losses of the dead and missing. We've estimated our total to one-hundred thousand. The Doom Slayer, yet again, destroyed an army as well as what lied beyond the gate. The remnants of the leadership all fleed their houses."