Seige

Dusk
Italica city walls

Kuwabara:"However you look at it, we're already at a disadvantage with our small numbers. Stretching our men so thin would put us at a disadvantage."

Itami:"I wouldn't be so sure, Pops. We still have 'him' over there as our trump card."

Itami and Kuwabara were both working out the small details regarding tonight's anticapted attack. It hadn't been a full day since their arrival and they were immediately put on the defense.

As they discussed their options, Tuka and Lelei starred at the massive man watching him fix his weapons.

Tuka:"Can he understand us?"

Lelei:"I doubt it, not even the men in green can understand us besides their leader."

VEGA:"Although he does not understand your language, I am willing to translate whatever you wish to say."

The voice coming from seemingly nowhere startled the girls. Tuka quickly hid behind Lelei's back while the mage walked up.

Lelei:"Are you his guardian spirit?"

VEGA:"....Let's say that for simplicity."

Lelei:"Interesting."

Very much intrigued by him, Lelei walked up to the Slayer touching his armor. Tuka followed soon asking VEGA more questions, including the one about the mark.

Tuka:"What's this?" She asked pointing towards the Mark of the Beast.

VEGA:"The Mark of the Beast is a symbol of fear for the Demons of Hell in our timeline. A warning to all to never allow the release of the terror that once lied within the sarcophagus. A symbol of Doom for all of Hell."

"What are they saying?"

VEGA:"They grew curious of your Mark. Not to worry, I explained a shortened story of it's meaning."

"Hm...."

The Slayer turned to his right and noticed Itami and his second in command walk up to him.

Itami:"Slayer and Mr.VEGA, we wish to ask for your help for tonight's anticapted attack. Several scouts were seen not far from here and we predict the attacking force is around 500 to 600 men."

Kuwabara:"As you know, we do not have the manpower to support the defence of the city. We only ask to be support in case of any catastrophic damage is done." Chiming in Itami's request.

Now the two men waited as did the rest of Third Recon. They overheard VEGA tell the Slayer of their request.

The Slayer stood up and reached out for a handshake with Itami.

VEGA:"He has agreed to help in return for nothing. The Doom Slayer has a personal mission of his own to complete so this may be the final time you will fight alongside him." He explained.

Itami:"Very well then, thank you." He bowed and returned his handshake.

The team was now set with a walking beast by their side.

______________

Evening.

Dead of night, a guard stood sentry duty watching over the darkness beyond the wall. While on duty, the guard was steadily succumbing to sleep.

 While on duty, the guard was steadily succumbing to sleep