Chapter 7: Naruto's 'First' Mission

Naruto woke up early in the morning. He changed into his usual outfit and left quickly to the bridge his sensei instructed him and his team to meet in.

When he arrived, he noticed that the emo kid in his team was there, resting on the rails while the hyperactive kid in his team was leaning on the handrails, sleeping soundlessly.

Naruto went up to them and sat on the rail, getting a quick glance from Sasuke.

...

A sleeping Sasuke and Mito were woken by a puff of smoke made by Kakashi. He greeted his team happily despite being four hours late.

"Sorry, a black cat crossed by path so I had to take the long way." Said the masked man's lame excuse.

"Liar!" Mito called out.

He shrugged and said, "Let's go."

Mito's annoyed mood changed and immediately ran to the Hokage's office excitedly, leaving the rest of her team trailing behind her.

"Come in," said the kind Hokage after they arrived to the office.

Kakashi opened the wooden door and went in with his Genin team.

"What kind of mission are we getting, old man?" Mito asks with her eyes glowing from excitement.

He handed the sensei of the team a scroll and answered, "Your first mission is to catch the Daimyo's  cat, Tora."

Sasuke Mito were dumbfounded, though Sasuke hid it much better that Mito. Kakashi sighed as he remembered catching the Demon Cat when he was a Genin while Naruto's face stayed expressionless.

They were dismissed by the Sandaime and went to the forest near Konoha's border to search for the cat.

...

Around 30 minutes into searching for the cat, Naruto said, "I found the target."

"Where?!" Mito shouted through her earpiece, successfully deafening her teammates.

After sharing is location to his team, they quietly made they're way towards it.

"Raven in position." Emo grunted.

"Chili in position," the hot-headed girl reported angrily.

"Naruto in position." He said dryly.

"Hey, why doesn't Naruto get a nickname?!" Mito pouted.

Their lazy sensei shrugged and signalled them to ambush the cat.

They nodded and pounced at the cat. Tora was put into a cage after the Genins managed to capture it and went back to their Hokage after a few scratches on their face and arms.

When they arrived, they have the Demon Cat back to its owner who hugged it tightly. While the cat looked like it was about to spit its organs out, the Genins and Jonin were getting underpaid for their mission.

...

Team Seven were walking through the busy streets of Konohagakure. It was a few months since they've became Genin and they were taking a new mission.