chapter 40- code

Sarah p.o.v.

As I read the letter from my mom I realised it's a code from her. None of it made sense. We never argued and we never played monopoly before she left.

I stood up quickly and ran to my bedroom. I instantly looked under my bed and grabbed the monolpy. I noticed the money was missing which made me confused. Why would she take the money out of the monopoly. When I looked however I noticed a little bit of writing on the actual board bit.

I frowned and picked it up. I noticed the writing said...

Where do we  keep money safe?

I looked at it confused. What is she talking about? Why would she write this random sentence. She is not making any sense.

For the next 10 or so minutes I sat on the floor and felt so confused. Where do we keep money safe? We....

Wait? Of course. Safe as in her safe in her bedroom.

Mom always stashed some of our money away in her safe. She never told me what she was keeping it for. I forgot all about her safe. It makes sense now.

I quickly went inside her bedroom and my breathing hitched. To busy thinking about what it is mom has been trying to tell me I forgot where I was.

Her bedroom looked the same. Her bed was made and even all her stuff was still here. All her jewellery was on her night stand as well as the picture of my mom, me and my father. I love this picture of us. I'm on my dads back and my mom is infront of my dad. He has one hand on me and the other wrapped around my moms waist. We are all smiling happily in the picture.

I walked over to it and picked it up. I'm taking this picture with me.

I sighed and pulled the bed side table away from the wall. Behind there I noticed the safe was looking un touched. Now i have one problem. The passcode. She never told me it.

I decided to try moms birthday which was 22.03.89. However it was wrong. So I tried my fathers which was 06.04.87 however that was also wrong. I tried mine which was 01.01.01(2001) however again that was wrong.  I groaned in frustration.

I started typing any dates I could remember and they were all wrong making me sigh in frustration and annoyance. I sighed and picked up the picture of myself, my mom and my father.

What have you put it as mom. I whispered to myself.

As I put the picture back down ready to try any other random numbers I noticed a little bit off numbers at the bottom of the picture. I could see they were written on in pen.

30.01.23.

I frowned and carried on looking at it. That's when I realised that its today's date. My eyes went wide in realization.

She knew I would end up looking for the safe. Damien and everyone else told me she could see the future. She knew I would need to find the code and so she had written it down. The code is the day she knew I would be trying to find it. If anyone else found her safe for example the coven they would instantly try all our birthdays. It must be why she never put the code as that.

I quickly typed the code in and the safe opened up making me sigh in relief.

Thank you mom. I whispered and sighed.