4• They're all freaks, even her

"Should we wake them?" Neyteyam asks looking down at the two carelessly sleeping.

"Leave them be" kiri scolds him while walking away from the two sleeping.

Neyteyam sighs and begins to walk away and sitting on the dock with his feet in the water watching Tsireya help Tuk feel her ilu for the day.

"I love her already!" Tuk giggles while feeding her ilu a piece of fish, Tsireya smiles at Tuk seeing her so happy.

Tonwari had taken jake and neytiri to learn how to ride animals called a skimwing.

~~

I eventually woke up suddenly remembering who was laying against me in my hammock, my eyes widened feeling slightly embarrassed that everyone else in the mauri would have obviously seen how Lo'ak and I were laying together. I felt heat rise to my cheeks, I nuzzled my head closer to him trying to hit the pink tint slowly appearing on my cheeks.

Lo'ak groaned and started to rub the tiredness out of his eyes, he looked down at me and smiled.

"Hi" he smiles at me.

"Hey" I say looking up at him.

I could listen to his tired voice for hours, there's something about the way a rough voice sounds like I love.

"Now that you guys are awake can we please go and learn how to ride the ilu's!" Neyteyam yelled from outside.

Lo'ak groaned beside me, I propped myself up on one elbow and looked at him laughing.

"You need to learn how to ride one skxawng" I tell him attempting to get up from the hammock.

He grabs my waist pulling me on top of him resting his hands on my thighs.

"Do I have to?" Lo'ak whines.

I remove his hands from my legs and got up from off of him.

"Yes you do, now get up" I roll my eyes hitting his arm.

"I hate you" he groans out getting off the hammock.

"You love me" I say walking out of the mauri and jumping into the cold water feeling it surround my body.

Lo'ak froze in place thinking about what she said to him, the three words racing over and over in his head always on repeat. Did he love her? He couldn't love her she's his best friend.

~~

Ao'nung was calling the ilu's over for everyone so they could learn how to ride. Tsireya was telling us how to make the bond gently and really listen to them.

Tsireya was showing Lo'ak how to ride one and instructing him on what to do, I don't know what Lo'ak was thinking but they rode off so quick. Lo'ak was on for about thirty seconds when the ilu jumped up and Lo'ak went flying off.

"Told you he wouldn't make it a minute" Ao'nung laughed at his friend roxto.

Neyteyam was up next after Lo'ak swam back, neyteyam made the bond was started off pretty slowly.

"You're free to go faster!" Tsireya said smiling at him watching them slowly start to pick up speed.

"You're doing it, neyteyam!" Tuk yelled out excitedly.

I put my hand on Lo'ak's upper arm and looking to him.

"You'll get it eventually" I smiled.

He nodded in response watching his brother succeed at riding the ilu with ease and so gracefully gliding around the water.

~~

Kiri and I were laying down in the shallow water looking at the shells and sand flowing back and forth when new waves came when we heard muffled voices from above us.