10• I can't lose you too

Everybody was on edge knowing now that the sky people were burning down villages and killing the tulkun more specifically ronal's spirit sister and her baby. Ronal was furious with what was unfolding around her family and village, Ronal and Tonwari got everybody to gather in the communal mauri.

The people of the metkeyina clan were fuming, yelling about how they needed to retaliate against the sky people for what they've done.

It was pouring rain out, the clouds were dark and black. Everyone was scared of what was going to happen when the sky people finally got to them. Jake was trying to calm the people down and tell them not to attack back. Neyteyam was following his dad attempting to help him but didn't work, nobody would listen.

I clung to Lo'ak's arm in fear, I didn't want anybody to get hurt because of us and now it's happening. Lo'ak rubbed circles on my hand with his thumb comforting me while looking at his father.

Jake walked over to neyteyam who was holding this big red tracker with a spike on the end in his hands, Jake grabbed this from him and held it up high for the clan to see, everyone went quite looking at the object Jake held.

"You tell the tulkun if they are hit by one of these they are marked for death" Jake said coldly turning around looking at everyone.

Lo'ak let go of me and began to walk away toward the dock grabbing his gear for the ilu's. I turned around and carefully wove in between the people making my way over to Lo'ak.

"What are you doing Lo'ak?" I ask slightly concerned.

He turned to me grabbing my hand in his looking at me tucking my hair behind my ear with his free hand.

"I have to warn payakan" he says to me softly.

"You can't go alone, I'm coming with you" I tell him trying to walk past him.

Neyteyam walks over to us quickly.

"I have to warn him" Lo'ak says simply.

"No, you have to keep your skaxwng ass here" neyteyam tells Lo'ak.

"He's an outcast, there's nobody to warn him but me" Lo'ak says trying to convince his brother.

"Bro, why do you always have to make things so hard " neyteyam asks placing his hand on the top if Lo'ak's head, Lo'ak grabbed his wrist removing his brothers hand harshly.

"No, you mean why can't I be the perfect son like you" Lo'ak said venom laced within the sentence.

"Lo'ak" I said softly.

"I'm not you! He's my brother, I'm going" Lo'ak said turning away.

"Oh, he's your brother? No, I'm your brother" neyteyam said grabbing Lo'ak's forearm stopping him.

Lo'ak ripped his arm away and walked over to me placing his hand behind my head bringing me closer to him, he placed a kiss on my head and dove into the water.

"Loak!" Neyteyam and I both yelled as ao'nung, Tsireya and roxto came running over.

"Quick! He's going to payakan!" Neyteyam yelled as he ran and dove into the water with his ilu. I dove in right after following them to Lo'ak. We passed kiri and Tuk on our way and they followed us as well.

~~

All of us eventually caught up to Lo'ak who was already on payakan's fin attempting to take out the tracker himself.

"Lo'ak!" Neyteyam yelled.

"Guys the ships coming" Lo'ak said pointing forward. I got off my ilu to go help try and pull the tracker out, ao'nung, Tsireya and roxto began pulling or kicking the tracker to get it out but nothing worked.