9• modern medicine and a celebration

Jake had sent a call to norm and max at the base back him telling them about what happened to kiri, they flew over as fast as they could with bug machines to see what caused her to have a seizure.

Kiri was laid in the middle of the mauri when max was looking at her brain activity and reading her vitals out to Jake.

It looked like neytiri had had enough of all the technology surrounding her daughter because she soon became agitated by everything and everyone. Ronal had walked up with a basket full of medicine and noticed everything sat out.

"I see that I am not needed here" she said as she turned to walk out.

Neytiri grabbed Ronal's arm stopping her from exiting.

"You are Tsahìk" neytiri said angrily looking at her.

Ronal thought for a second looking around the mauri at everything.

"Remove these things" she demanded.

Neytiri turned quickly yelling.

"Out! You all did nothing!" She yelled harshly walking to the back of the mauri.

"Come on come on let's just take this outside" Jake said quickly not waning to get in the way of his wife making her more angry.

"Okay, I've got to take out her IV" norm said quickly.

Neytiri came and ripped it out of her arm ushering norm out with Jake to let Ronal heal kiri. Norm sat outside on the dock with Jake telling him that she has frontal lobe epilepsy.

"Plugging into the spirit tree is some sort of a trigger, you definitely can't let her do that again" norm told Jake.

"Ever?" Jake said in disbelief.

"Jake. If she has another seizure underwater again it could kill her" max told him.

Ronal was poking kiri with something and inhaling then blowing out harshly, it looked like she was sucking the bad in and blowing it out of her unconscious body.

Tuk and I sat beside kiri holding her hand fearful she may never wake up, fearful we may never get to speak to her again. Kiri's eyes fluttered open and she immediately began to cry, Tuk gasped hugging the girl.

"Kiri!" She said in relief.

I look over to Ronal and smile at the women.

"Thank you" I said through my sobs.

Ronal had left everyone to be with her, neytiri knelt down holding her daughters other hand crying and holding on as tight as she could fearing if she let go it's be the last time.

~~

"Everybody! Our brothers and sisters have returned!" Tsireya yelled out riding her animal waving for everybody to join her in see the tulkun who have returned.

Tuk perked up running into the mauri where kiri and I were sitting and talking.

"Come on you guys! You have to see this!" Tuk urged us pulling on our arms.

"Not now, Tuk" kiri told her turning away.

"But you have to see this" she said impatiently. Kiri groaned getting up and helping me up as well as ruk grabbed our hands dragging us out of the mauri to the edge of the dock.

"Woah" I breathed out taking in what was going on around us. There were hundreds of tulkun in the ocean in front of us, the metkeyina people raced over to see their brothers and sisters.

I looked over to kiri with a big smile on my face laughing in amazement, kiri looked astonished looking all around.

"Nala come on!" Lo'ak yelled out running up to me.

I look over to kiri for approval not wanting to ditch her all alone with Tuk and have her made at me. I smiled and grabbed Lo'ak's hand as we ran over to his ilu and dove in together.

We swam over to the tulkun's seeing neyteyam on the way with one of the biggest smiles I've seen on his face since we came here. Lo'ak and I got off and looked down into the water seeing Ronal with her spirit sister and her baby. We seen Tsireya talking to her spirit sister and swimming backwards into a circle, the tulkun mimicked her actions.

Lo'ak tapped my arm and pointed to a metkeyina baby swimming up and around the tulkun. I smiled at Lo'ak still holding onto his hand. Lo'ak had let his mask fall for a second and looked sad and I didn't know why.

We came up for a breath and I looked at him moving a braid out of his face.

"Is it payakan?" I simply ask him.

Lo'ak nodded in response knowing that because payakan is an outcast he does not get to be with his family or friends.

———————————————————————————
(A/N)

Word count:821

Just a super short chapter today, I haven't been getting much sleep lately so I'm hella exhausted, sorry:/

A little sad moment for Lo'ak missing payakan :,)

Have a great day/ night where ever you guys are, make sure to eat today and drink water

Ilyyyyyy🫶🏻