7• Shells

"Hey, have you seen Lo'ak?" Neyteyam asks me looking around the mauri for his brother.

"No I haven't, have you tried asking Tsireya where he might be?" I asked getting up from my hammock walking over to neyteyam.

"I was just about to go, did you wanna come with me?" He asks. I shrug and begin walking out with him towards the clan leaders mauri where she might be.

As neyteyam and I were walking to find Tsireya he stopped me grabbing my shoulder looking at me with a soft gaze trying to figure something out.

"Why'd we stop?" I ask confused.

"How long" neyteyam asks.

"How long? What do you mean" I ask him confused, what is he talking about.

"You know... you and my brother" he begins pausing before finishing.

"Oh. I don't know, something inside me kind of cracked when he went missing and when he came back I realized I couldn't bear to lose him" I began telling neyteyam as I drug him beginning to walk again. "Your brother is someone very special to me and I don't think I could live without him, I've spent pretty much every day of my life with him, losing him would be losing a piece of myself" I told him truthfully hoping that he would have some sort of understanding of what I was trying to say.

There was a long silence between us, I don't know if that's because neyteyam didn't understand where I was coming from or if he was thinking about what to say or what not to say. I don't care what he says I just want him to say something, anything or everything.

"You love Lo'ak, don't you?" Neyteyam asks after a long pause that felt like an eternity of quietness.

I was taking aback by his question not really thinking of that myself. Could I seriously be in love with Lo'ak sully? What if he wasn't in love with me, what if It's only one sided ?

"Who loves Lo'ak?" Tsireya sales popping out from in front of us.

"Oh my eywa, you scared the life outta me" I say shocked that she literally came out of nowhere.

She laughed a little covering up her smile looking to neyteyam and I searching for an answer.

"Have you seen my brother? We haven't seen him all day" neyteyam spoke up changing it to the whereabouts of Lo'ak.

"I think I seen him swimming off with his ilu earlier" Tsireya tells us.

"Do you know where?" I ask her curiously.

"Not exactly but I could help you look for him, I can even get ao'nung and roxto" she tells us with a smile.

"Thank you" I hug her tightly as she hugs me back.

~~

We had been swimming around for quite some time it was almost eclipse and we decided we were gonna go back to see if he had shown up when we were gone.

Roxto had tapped my arm pointing to a tulkun? And Lo'ak was right in front of its mouth? What was he doing with a tulkun. The animal had opened its mouth waiting for Lo'ak to enter. Neyteyam looked over to me and nodded as we tried to swim out to get him Tsireya and roxto pulled us back shaking their heads not to go anything.

~~

Tonwari had lead all of us to his Mauri wanting to talk to us about what had just happened. Ronal stood in the centre of us looking furious.

"You allowed him to bond with the outcast!" She yelled as she pointed to Lo'ak.

"And you, son of a great warrior who has been tough better" he began throwing his hand up in disbelief. Jake and neytiri then came walking over confused at the situation.