10

The Ferris wheel of Mile's life has stopped brusquely, leaving him suspended in mid-air.

He knows immediately which night Apo is referring to. He himself has almost forgotten about it. Surely Apo, who acted so indifferently, isn't still haunted by it...

Apo sees Mile's blank stare and mistakes it for confusion.

"Did I imagine it? Dream it? Was I drunk?" Apo grows frantic.

"No," Mile snaps quickly. Then, in a quieter voice, "it happened."

"And we weren't acting?"

"We..."

The moment is crucial, pivotal. Mile should say no. The truth is that he wasn't acting. But he sees Apo's ensuing horror in his mind, sees their relationship fall apart, and thinks better of it. He has a wonderful, come-over-so-we-can-fall-asleep kind of relationship with Apo; Mile doesn't want to ruin it.

He shrugs helplessly, and changes the topic. "What does it matter now? Did I tell you I'm going to be playing with Slot Machine?"

•••

Apo has always wanted to learn guitar but it never worked. Mile has been trying to teach him, and Apo broke Mile's guitar string. If Mile weren't in love with Apo...

At a KinnPorsche press conference, Mile and Apo reiterate for various news outlets how they've been focusing on showcasing their authentic, natural relationship progression rather than fan-service

At a KinnPorsche press conference, Mile and Apo reiterate for various news outlets how they've been focusing on showcasing their authentic, natural relationship progression rather than fan-service. Also, Apo is beginning to learn that Mile is a jealous, possessive man.

During the Kuizap show, Mile is describing sharing a room with Apo after the waterpark, when Tong - who was also at that outing - throws Mile under the bus

During the Kuizap show, Mile is describing sharing a room with Apo after the waterpark, when Tong - who was also at that outing - throws Mile under the bus. He wants to know if Mile and Apo slept together. Mile panics and reiterates that they were on an outing together, though it doesn't answer the question. Tong could make the argument that he was also there and didn't share their room, that there were plenty of rooms, but - mercifully - does not. The interviewers would have a field day and Tong knows it.