7

Mile is doing things he never thought he'd be doing, as the son of Kalasin. Even on days that he's not needed on set, he shows up to support Apo. He can't stay away, can't resist the magnetic pull the younger man exerts on him. And Apo unleashes a wild side in him he didn't even know he had.

Which is why their last intimate scene together is an emotional experience for Mile. He doesn't want to stop touching Apo. He has always known it would be over some day, but he wasn't ready to stop. Now Mile needs to know what it's like, for real. What is it like to go all the way with Apo? What's his size? What's he like? What does he like? How much can he take? How long can he go? What would his face look like if Mile pushed him over the edge?

But it's more than that.

Mile has never understood the mental or emotional aspect of sex. Most men don't, or couples wouldn't have so many intimacy issues.

But what he knows now, with every fibre of his being, is that he wants to get Apo in his bed, alone, with no one else around. Mile wants to tell Apo how he feels without opening his mouth, touch him like he's a god, worship the parts of him that no one else can see, give his all to satisfy him, stare into his eyes until they forget they have bodies, until they're nothing more than eyes and souls, the only souls in the world.

Their clothes fall to the bathroom floor. Mile takes in the exhilarated grins and breathy moans Apo emits when they're finally pressed flush against each other, skin-on-skin. He thinks - knows - Apo has been craving it too. He can sense the other man's excitement, the tremor under his skin, the natural betrayal of his body. There isn't an article of clothing between them. They have crossed the line into an intimacy with each other there's no going back from. Mile relishes it, but is also terrified by it. The vulnerability in Apo's eyes mirrors his own. They draw closer still, absorbing comfort from each other's skin through an osmosis of sorts.

This is uncharted territory. No other BL couple has kissed like this on television. They are sucking each other's souls out with these kisses. Not even straight couples kiss like this in front of the camera. This is going to be a cultural reset, changing all the standards going forward.

Mile is deafened by the roaring of blood in his ears, but he could swear Apo moaned his name instead of Kinn's just now.

Mile wishes he could go back and redo every intimate scene. He even entertains the thought of complaining to the directors, insisting on retakes, but knows his idea has no legs to stand on. There's nothing to complain about; each scene is beautiful. Apo might disagree. Mile was so into some of the scenes that he scratched Apo with his fingernails. He hates to admit that he loves the little red crescents in Apo's skin. He wanted Apo to feel him when he went home, and think of Mile in the shower when he saw the reminders on his body. It's a weird, possessive urge.

Then Mile sees the balcony pool. Glass sides, overlooking the city, beautifully-lit at night.

And now he has an idea that might be viable.

"That would be good for a love scene," he tells the directors. "Hear me out..." He assures them that he and Apo can conceptualize and choreograph it themselves; they've already improvised more than they've acted. Mile is a businessman; he knows how to sell an idea. Don't appear too enthusiastic; you're doing them a favour.

Apo's response is an eyebrow wiggle and a "great, I love water."

•••

"Look at you," Apo gushes, flipping through Mile's baby pictures. Blues rock music blasts throughout the apartment, their favourite. "So cute. What do you have in your mouth in this one?"