23

Mile is pretty sure he doesn't care anymore.

So when Pond hosts a dinner party for the THC cast, including Apo and various crew members, he agrees to partake, no problem

The THC boys never did learn the lesson Mile tried to teach them about minding their own business when it comes to other people's sexuality. The questions they're posing to Apo make Mile grit his teeth.

"If you were gay... Would you be top or bottom?"

Apo seems unfazed.

"Top," he answers confidently.

Mile chokes on his beer.

He doesn't know why Apo is afraid of being judged by these immature little boys. Or maybe Apo is trying to impress them. Either way, it's a blatant lie and it grates on Mile's nerves.

"You don't have to act all macho around them," Mile mutters when they're standing outside Pond's house after the party, waiting for Apo's transportation to arrive. 

"I'm not acting," Apo says calmly, standing ramrod straight and refusing to look at Mile. The evening is cloudy, a chilly nip in the air.

Mile can't believe they've never talked about this. He should go to his car, leave it alone, but he can't resist.

"Oh. Okay. Let me guess. You're also straight."

Apo doesn't even blink. "Really?!" Mile explodes after a long silence, anger at Apo's insouciance clouding his judgement. "Because you love fashion and shopping and kittens and you act like a big baby. And you wear short shorts. And pink jackets."

He's not sure where the vitriol is coming from, but it won't stop. "The reason I have abs and you don't is because, while I was in the gym, you were playing dress-up. You always liked dressing up, didn't you? Probably influenced by your older sister growing up. You wear women's clothes, and shoes and watches. Yet you're going to stand there and gaslight me into thinking you're straight. Please."

"And what," Apo retorts, biting back with growing resentment. "Yeah, I do those things. What about it?"

"Nothing." Mile instantly regrets the cutting words.

"No, say what you mean. You judgemental asshole."

There he goes again. He never used to call Mile these names.

"Shut up," Mile snaps fiercely. "Be very fucking careful what you call me."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot, I should be bowing in gratitude every time you enter a room because you were born into a rich family-"

"I said shut up! Leave my family out of this."

"You think no one can touch you because-"

"I think you owe me some respect because I gave you everything," Mile rages. "No one would've noticed you, if it weren't for me. Everything that brought you where you are today came neatly served in a package with a Romsaithong bow around it and you know it!" Steam is practically pouring from his nostrils. This one's been stewing with him for a long time, and he's finally snapped.