17

Their CHIC magazine photoshoot doesn't feel like work. The open flaps of Mile's robe swish in the balmy breeze, along with the soft, hazy curtains. The set is a classic and ornate mansion with intricately detailed chandeliers and engraved walls. The hem of Mile's robe flows across the oak-panelled floor. It's quiet, all smoke and mirrors and intense eye contact between Mile and Apo. The photographers mutter under their breaths about that fucking chemistry.

Mile and Apo model in five, six, seven different outfits, and then there is an accompanying interview. They are asked what kind of movie they would like to do together in the future, after Man Suang. Both men answer in tandem: horror.

"That's Mile's dream," Apo explains. He really likes it, and having his dream come true will make him very happy." He proceeds to recount the idea Mile had involving spirits.

"If you were travelling by car with each other, where would you like the destination to be and why," is the next question.

Mile wants to take Apo to Zhangiaiie, a beautiful city in China with incredible natural sights. Apo proposes Alaska, Greenland, or Ireland, because Mile likes to drive, and he enjoys looking at the scenery, "so it is just right."

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how in sync do you think you are with Mile," Apo is asked. He rates their closeness a full 10 points, "because we work together every day and hang out when we are not working, so we are very, very close."

Fucking hell. Mile wants to laugh until he cries. In sync?!

Is that what Apo thinks they are? So does he have nothing to tell Mile? Nothing at all?

They still haven't navigated the landmine of a topic that is Mile being in love with Apo. Apo is clueless, because Mile has never got up the nerve to talk to him about it. If Apo thinks they're in sync and has nothing important to discuss, maybe he really just wants Mile for sex. Friends with benefits. He's leading Mile on, isn't he? It's just as well. Mile has known from the beginning that Apo is too wild and untameable to tie himself down to Mile. And yet, Mile can't shake the feeling that it's not all in his head. Apo feels something for him too; Mile knows it...

And this line of thought perfectly exemplifies how far they are from being in sync.

Mile explains to the interviewer that it's an 8.5-9.5, because he is still constantly learning Apo and trying to understand him. He wonders if there will ever be one hundred percent perfect harmony and understanding between them or if the emotional and psychological torment will kill him first.

•••

Mile and Apo arrive at the Incheon Airport wearing Dior from head to toe, giving main character energy.

Social media is abuzz with news of their arrival, and especially the outfits they arrived in.

When Apo tweeted an edit of their faces photoshopped onto the Brokeback Mountain movie poster back on January 8, 2021, that was different.