Chapter 9

Adelaide

It's been three days since our escapade at the meadow, and my mind is going crazy. I haven't seen Oliver since Sunday, and I miss him. This is crazy how quickly I'm falling for this guy. Never have I been so utterly attracted to someone where I literally can't get him out of my head. I dream about him at night and fantasize about him during the day.

He's texted me each day to see how I am doing and make sure that the heat isn't starting to come back. When I tell him I am fine, he quickly apologizes and says he's really busy and needs to get back to whatever it is that is keeping him so goddamn busy.

Thankfully I'm in basic combat class again today, because I really need to work out some of my pent-up frustration. I'm warming up with a few girls, when the instructor tries to get our attention by yelling at us, "Listen up class. We've got a special trainer here to help us today." I instantly smell his intoxicating scent, and I slowly turn around. "Alpha Oliver Blackstone of the Red Dawn Pack, has graciously accepted my request to help train." I can hear a bunch of the girls in the class start to swoon over him, and the girl beside me actually blurts out "I would jump his bones any day." My head snaps over to her and a growl actually slips through my mouth. She looks at me like I've lost my mind.

My eyes make my way up to him and he's standing there staring straight at me. The one corner of his lip starts to turn up into a smirk. Oh, the things I want this man to do to me. My mind instantly turns dirty and I actually give my head a shake to get these thoughts out of my head.

Our instructor explains that he's brought Oliver here to show us what actual sparring is like and tells him not to take it easy. We form a circle around one of the mats and they both make their way to the centre. Oliver grabs the hem of his shirt and lifts it up over his head in one swift move. He then throws it to the ground and it lands directly in front of my feet. As I look down at the shirt, I can hear girls gasping. I look back up and there he is, standing shirtless and looking like a God chiseled out of stone. My eyes slowly make my way up his bare stomach and stop at his eyes. He gives me a wink, knowing that I took too long checking him out.

He and the instructor start fighting and they both get some really good shots in. But I feel like he is holding back, not wanting to embarrass our instructor in front of his students. They finally call it a draw, shake hands, and our instructor starts yelling out instructions. I can't focus on what he's saying as I'm watching Oliver walk directly towards me. He bends down to grab his shirt and uses it to wipe his brow. Again my eyes roam all over his chest. I look back up to his face and he's got a cheeky grin on as he says "you like what you see?" All I can do is shake my head up and down. He steps closer and whispers in my ear "I think your instructor told you to break into sparring partners." He pulls away and laughs gruffly.

I look away from him and notice the same girls I was warming up with are gawking at us. My face gets flushed and I slowly walk over to them. I get paired up with a girl named Brittany. She's easily four inches taller than me and way more toned then I am, but I know that I'm faster than she is.

My heart is racing as I'm both nervous and excited that Oliver is here. Brittany and I start sparring. I know she's strong, but she's also predictable. She uses her strength and overextends her body as she throws her punches. I manage to avoid the first few punches she throws and actually slip underneath and crack her good in the ribs as she's left her ribs exposed. She takes the blow and steps back a few steps. But she's quick and already recovers. We go back and forth and both get some good punches in. I feel like I've ducked her more than she has me, when I see her lead foot coming and manage to bend down I take out her other leg and she falls down onto her ass. I quickly scramble to get on top of her and jab her a few times in the ribs. I let my guard down for a second as I can see him out of the corner of my eye and it distracts me for long enough for her to knee me in the crotch which makes me double over. She then grabs my hair and starts pounding into my back.

Just when I think she might have me, our instructor blows the whistle and yells for us all to break it up. I fall back on my ass and it takes me a minute to catch my breath. Britt stands up and grabs my hand helping me up. We nod at each other and then she walks away. Still panting, Oliver walks over to me. "You're not bad. You're fast but you need proper training."

I look at him a little shocked, then I recover and say "ya, well I would have had her if you wouldn't have distracted me."

"Do you know what distractions do when you're in an actual battle Adelaide?" he asks but doesn't give me time to respond. "Like I said, you need proper training. I want you to start training with my pack."

I'm not sure what to say so I just nod my head. "Good, I'll take you there after school." He turns and walks away leaving me to gawk at him. 

Please vote and comment!