Chapter 23

Adelaide

The next day I can't find Emma anywhere at school, which worries me, so I start texting her.

<Hey, I miss you, where are you?>

                       <Oh, so you're going to talk to me now?>

<Look Em, I'm sorry for not being happier for you yesterday, I was just having a really shitty day because of the heat. Some douche bag even grabbed my ass in the hallway!>

<Is everything ok, why aren't you at school?>

                         <Sorry, that's shitty Ad ☹>

                         <Ya, I'm ok, just not feeling well. Stupid menstrual shit                                                                                                 I think.>

<Ok, promise that's all it is?>

                          <Ya, why wouldn't that be all?>

<No reason. Do you want me to bring you some soup or something after school?>

                         <No, it's fine. Levi said he would come over later and                                                                                                   bring me something!>

<Ok, well, feel better Em!>

                           <Thanks>

My conversation with Emma doesn't make me feel any better. I don't think that Levi has done anything to her, because unlike me, I know she would say something. She's never hid a secret from me ever! It's impossible for her to keep secrets! But, then why would she lie? I know it's not her time of the month because we both have the same menstrual cycle and we shouldn't be getting our periods for another week.

****

On Saturday morning, I get up at eight and Ollie's already out of our bed. I decide to put on some workout clothes because I need to let out some frustration about this whole Emma and Levi thing.

When I get down to the gym, I find Ollie already there sparing with some of his warriors. I notice that Sebastian isn't there, and my heart pangs a little, wondering if he's not here because of Emma. Ollie spots me walk in and jogs over to me. "Hey babe, I didn't expect to see you here so early!" he says kissing me on my cheek.

"Ya, well, I have some frustration I need to work out" I say to him.

He nods his head, "tell me about it. You want to come spar with me?" he asks giving me a grin.

My body starts to melt as I take in all his sweaty beauty. Even though being marked by him turned out to be really shitty, I'm happy that it's over because the heat is officially done. Thank God. "I think I'd prefer to fight someone who isn't quite as strong as you – you'll just kick my ass!" I laugh at him.

"Babe, first off I'd never kick your ass. I might bite it, and I'd definitely fuck it!" he smirks.

"Oliver" I shout and smack him in the chest, horrified by the words he just uttered.

"What?" he says with a laugh as I glare at him.

"There is no fucking way, that's disgusting!" I shriek at him.

"Fine, for now I promise to leave your pretty little ass alone. But seriously Addie, the only way to be the best, is to fight with the best, and we all know that is me. So, come on" he says as he grabs my wrist and pulls me over to the mats.