Guilt

A chat?

Instantly my brain went to the worst possible scenarios. A chat about how they have decided they actually don't want me? Did they realise I lied? 

"Hey it's okay. It's nothing bad Vi." Leo assured me as if reading my thoughts, which distracted me from my thoughts. He reached over and squeezed my hand lightly.

I let out a deep breath and smiled while nodding my head. I had spent so long alone, I had forgotten how it feels to be around people.

For the rest of the drive, I couldn't rest. I leaned my head against the car window as I watched the roads go by. I hadn't ever been out of England but now I was in the most beautiful Italian city. Occasionally I looked up to the front view mirror to see my Father glancing at me from time to time as if scared if he looked away too long i'd disappear.

I guess I feel the same; sometimes I worry if I close my eyes that I will wake up back at Robert and Emily's house.

"Come on Bambina lets go inside and have some dinner." Victor spoke with a smile, carefully unbuckling my seatbelt. I hadn't even realised it was already the afternoon.

Victor helped me to the house as Leo opened the door. I wasn't sure where my Father went but most likely inside already.

"It's okay, honestly I can walk by myself." I suggested as Victor helped me to the kitchen. I felt bad everybody fussing over me, I already felt like enough of a burden I didn't want to bother them anymore. Honestly most of all I wasn't used to people caring about me. 

"Shush bambina." Victor teased as he helped me sit down at the table. Lucien, Tobias and Leo sat down as Victor fussed over making sure I was comfortable. The table was empty besides cutlery neatly set out, I still didn't understand why i needed three forks? but that felt like a stupid question to ask in this moment.

I looked around the kitchen as my brothers began chatting. Nicos chair was empty and although his presence scared me, a melancholy feeling washed over me because of his absence.

I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts by footsteps trailing down the hallway, I looked over to see my Father walk in with Nico lagging behind him. My Father flashed me a gleaming smile and kissed my forehead as he walked to his seat.

Nicos eyes remained looking at the floor, Leo by my side was staring daggers at him. Nico although his gaze didn't look away from the ground, I could tell the cut on his lip had gotten worse and his eye was still swollen, as if he had gotten in a fight since I last saw him just a few hours ago.

A part of me worried what if my brothers or father had done that, I know they couldn't possibly since they were with me but it worried me, because what if I was next.

Dana and Helen walked in holding large trays of what looked like risotto and a salad. The smell was intoxicating and my stomach growled as if in agreement. It would take a while for me to get used to not cooking for everybody, everyday. Dana's eyes lit up as she looked at me, making my cheeks blush slightly.

"I'm so glad you're back home piccola." Dana hummed as she placed the food down on the table.

"Thank you," I replied, tightly gripping my stomach so it wouldn't growl from hunger. 

Everybody thanked Dana and Helen as they left the kitchen, even Nico grumbled a half hearted thank you.

My Father grabbed my plate instantly and began filling my plate with all the delicious food before placing it down in front of me.

My brothers and Father all chatted while we ate, occasionally laughing at a dumb joke Leo would make. I zoned out completely as their conversation became white noise to me. From time to time I could see Nico glance at me from the corner of my eyes, lifting his eyes off the floor to quickly look at me. He didn't laugh or chat while we ate, he stayed silent. I could see my Fathers eyes occasionally looking at Nico and then looking back at me.