school

Violets POV

Leo helped me to my room after our chat on the roof. This newfound sense of optimism swelled within my heart. Knowing that despite what happens I'm not alone anymore. 

Leo helped me move my deck back away from the door as I had been using it as makeshift door barricade. It felt symbolic as we moved the desk like it was a fresh beginning. That maybe from here everything was going to get better. I start at a new school tomorrow and maybe now things will start looking up. Maybe now all the sadness is over.

We said our goodnights as he walked to his bedroom. I was grateful to Leo more than he could imagine. Tobias, Lucien and Victor have been so kind to me but I don't think anybody truly gets me as well as Leo does. He is my twin after all. The person I took my first breath with. I laid my head down on my pillow and looked up to the ceiling. The clean ceiling, void of any mould like I had grown so used to. I smiled for the first time in a few days because I didn't feel so alone anymore.

I awoke a few hours later to the soft chatter outside my bedroom floor, I shut my eyes again and pretended to be asleep. The early morning sun not yet creeping in through my curtains.

"Goodnight Princessipa," my father whispered as he gently kissed my forehead.

"I love you." he whispered as he brushed a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

I fell back asleep with a soft smile spread across my face.

"Good morning Violet!" Leo sang trying to wake me up.

"five more minutes," I groaned, hiding my head under the blanket.

"No can do," he chirped, promptly grabbing my blanket and yanking it off the bed.

"What the hell man?" I croaked as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Leo looked shocked for a moment. "Uh sorry" I sheepishly mumbled. Worry beginning to fill my chest. What if I had made him angry? 

"No no, it's just nice." he spoke softly.

"Whats nice? that I almost yelled at you?" I asked.

"No its just- I remember hearing stories about when we were younger. And about how stubborn you always were and how you always spoke what you thought. Even when you could have say a few words. I guess it's nice that you are still like that."

"I'm still the same person Leo," I replied. My heart growing heavy. Even though I had been gone for so long Leo knew so much about me, but I knew nothing. 

"I know. I'm just glad you are coming out of your shell." he smiled weakly.

"You look like a dork." I snorted as I noticed the uniform he was wearing. Navy blue dress pants, black tie and a white shirt.

"How cute Leelee even has a tie on." I mocked causing him to roll his eyes.

"You have a uniform too, Vi," He said pointing over to the clothes hanging by my past. I groaned loudly making Leo chuckle.

"I thought I had finally escaped school uniforms." I groaned. 

"Hurry up and get ready. Come down for breakfast when you're ready," Leo said walking towards my door.                                                                             "You have 20 minutes! " he yelled as his footsteps began to descend down the stairs.

I fell back against my pillows dramatically before pulling myself to my feet and to the bathroom so I could shower. I don't think I'll ever get used to having an ensuite. I don't think I ever get used to any of these luxuries.