birthday

Without any music and with the absence of chatter the car ride home felt long and drawn out, the hum of the engine was all that filled my ears as I stared out of the window.

A part of me understood why my father did what he did; why he didn't get me immediately from Emily and Robert but another part of me and I wasn't sure how strong that part is, resented him for that very decision.

As we pulled up to the driveway I snapped out of my thoughts, I was safe, I was home yet I still felt on edge.

"Took you guys long enough" Leo teased as he enthusiastically ran to my side of the car, he helped me out of the car as i winced although i tried to cover it with a weak smile. The wound on my stomach was healing slowly, the doctors said, because my body had been in such a state of stress.

As we approached the front door of the house I heard rustling from inside followed by irritated whispers trying to silence them. I looked at Leo with my eyebrows furrowed but he just shrugged as he twisted the door handle.

"Happy Birthday Leo and Violet!" The voices yelled as we stepped into the house.My eyes wide as a smile began to form across my face. The hallway is decorated with blue and purple streamers with balloons filling the large space with big happy birthday signs everywhere and 17th balloons. 

I blushed as I looked over to Malik who was leaning against the wall next to Tommy and Andres. Tommy tries to place a party hat on Malik's head only to be met with Malik glaring at him.I laugh causing Malik gaze to meet with mine as his eyes beam.

"Its our birthday?" I whisper as I look over to Leo who is still standing by my side.

"Well technically it was 2 weeks ago" He clarifies although a frown tugs at the corner of his lip.

I never celebrated my birthday before, I never even knew when my birthday was; it's not like Robert or Emily would have gotten me a gift.Although every year Malik would bake a cake for me, every year it was a different day.I never knew my birthday so Malik just made it up every year,it was only ever Malik, Camilia and i together for my fake birthdays. But after Malik left, I never had a birthday again.

"Happy Birthday" Tobias states with a smile across his lips as he playfully shoves Leo as he scruffs up my hair.

"Thank you" i reply with a grin across my face.

"I missed you girl" Bec exclaimed as she pulled me into a gentle hug.

"Happy Birthday!" Mia grins as she hugs me too.

"I missed you guys too" I whisper as a smile beams across both of their faces.

"Happy birthday UltraViolet" Tommy announces as he hands me a wrapped up gift.

"UltraViolet?" I question as a smile spreads across my face.

"Well you are short but strong, so it's the perfect nickname" Tommy responds as Andres chuckles.I giggle at Tommys nerdy reasoning for the nickname but secretly it warms my heart.

"Thank you for the gift" I replied with a big smile.

"Happy Birthday Lettie" Malik states as he pulls me into a hug, his arms wrapping around me as I melt into his embrace.I have ever felt completely comfortable with anybody besides him.

"You look beautiful like always mi amor" he whispers as he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear as my face begins to feel hot.

"Alright" Leo abruptly claps before he places his arm around my shoulders.

"Lets hope Lucien didn't burn the cake" He states as we begin walking down the hallway into the kitchen.

"Happy Birthday my favourite twins" Lucien cheerfully exclaims as we walk into the kitchen, his face smeared with flour and batter as Victor laughs hysterically from across the counter.