Chapter Eight

Clark's POV

        I smiled down at Tyee from where I was sitting on next to his lap on my knees. It was actually very comfortable. His face looked happy, his eyes bright and his lips curled up. He must have been smiling, which means he was happy.

       Tyee quickly leaned up and pecked my lips lightly, making me all bubbly inside. I've never felt this way before, and I wanted it to be like this forever. Just us in his room. I didn't need to think of anything but Tyee.

         His mouth trailed kisses all over my face until he made it back to my mouth. It was like he depended on the kiss. I surprised myself by grabbing his hair, pulling him to me. I wanted know know what these people felt; that epic scene where they kiss in the rain in the movies, but tyee ended up gasping as I bit his lip.

        I pulled away and cringed at his pained face. "Tyee, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" I apologized sincerely, and Tyee shook his head while holding my hips in place so I wouldn't move away from him. I mean, I wasn't going to, but if he was mad I didn't want to be near him.

        "No, it's fine, I just didn't see that coming. I guess you really haven't been kissed before." We sat in silence for what felt like forever for me. We didn't even look at each other which was actually really good for me because I couldn't seem to look him in the eyes sometimes. I just couldn't.

         It was still Monday and I didn't think I could go to school the next day, not without Tyee. What would I do if he wasn't there to protect me today? I could have died! I mean, I have gotten through some things with kids at school before, but with them thinking I'm gay? Things could be worse than today!

        "I'm sorry," I apologized again and Tyee laughed, taking my chin and kissing me, this time sweetly. It was chaste and it made me melt against him.

         "I already said it was fine. Besides," Tyee said as he stood up with me at his side. "I'll eat away the pain. You must be hungry, right? What do you want to eat?"

        I had never really been asked this question before. The lunch ladies don't even ask me that. They just let me decide on my own. I only get school lunches because my family doesn't make enough income for the house, so the government pays for my food. I'm not even really sure how it works, but all I know is I get to choose three things to eat. That's always been the only decision I needed to make on my eating schedule.

         "Do you have pudding?" I asked, and Tyee nodded, taking my hand and entangling our fingers together. I jumped at the feeling but slowly gripped his hand back.

       I have never been in a relationship before. That's what Tyee called it, but I didn't get how it was different from being friends. The only thing I felt that was different was the way my stomach churned as he held me, or kissed me, or even touched any part of my body.

        Tyee grabbed his phone off his dresser and then led the way out of his room and to the kitchen. I was getting used to my directions in the house every time we left Tyee's room.

        He sat me down and sat a pudding cup in front of me with a small spoon. "Thank you," I said as I started to open it up. I wanted to live in the pudding cup when I smelt the delicious smell coming from it.

        Wait, can you even live in a pudding cup? That would be weird though because you can't get that small. Not even small people are small enough to fit inside a pudding cup. But...

        Tyee broke my thoughts as he slid a chair out across from me and relaxed back, doing whatever he does on his cell phone. It was peaceful, nice. I could almost get used to this.

        "Shit." I heard Tyee curse, and I looked up at him curiously from my pudding cup, sucking on my spoon. His eyes seemed to soften as he looked at me, but when he looked back down at his phone he started to fum around again. Was Tyee mad? Did I do something wrong? Did I eat wrong?

        His face was turning a shade of red, and his lips were curled down, his blue eyes not as vibrant as they usually are. His pupils were dilated, and he looked ready to kill someone.

        "She did this, what's her face, Janie. I should have just kissed her!" Tyee started fuming, his body colliding with his chair when standing and causing it to crash to the floor. I flinched and dropped my spoon on the table as I stood up as well, taking a step away from the table.

        Date? That's what Tyee and I do though, date right? Wouldn't that be.. cheating? Or was it before Tyee and I became.. Tyee and I?

        "She fucking told everyone that we're gay!" He now tugged on his hair. "She told everyone we're in a relationship."

        "Aren't we in a relationship? I thought we are gay, aren't we?" I asked lowly.

        "Yeah, but you aren't.." Tyee stopped his sentence short as he looked at me, his face softening as he started to pace. "Clark, don't act like a baby, that's not what I meant. Don't whine."

        I wiped at my face and sniffled. "Clark that's not what I meant."

        "I'm sorry if I'm gay for you. I didn't mean to upset you." No matter how much I rubbed at my eyes I kept feeling my face get wet. "Tyee," I cried out through slow growing hiccups. Tyee reached out to me, but I pulled away. I didn't mean to make him upset. If he had a girlfriend I shouldn't have been so pushy. I shouldn't have asked to shower or use some of his clothes.

         Janie, Janie? Wasn't that the girl who sold us clothes? Ugh I didn't know Tyee's girlfriend was that pretty. I shouldn't have even talked to her as she picked out clothes. She obviously didn't like someone talking to her boyfriend.

        I felt a pain in my chest. It was as if the world was trying to collapse on my chest and I didn't get it. I had never felt those types of feelings before and it was foreign. I felt like I was dying. I couldn't breathe.

        Tyee tried to calm me down, tried to hold me, but I couldn't calm down, not now that I knew I was kissing a boy who was taken. I let a straight boy touch me, kiss me, and I liked it! I'm a horrible person!

         "I'm sorry that I kissed you, Tyee!" I cried into his chest, gripping his shirt. Tyee was still so much taller than me, and the difference was showing as he tried to comfort me. "I didn't know you had a girlfriend!"

        Tyee pulled me back and stared at me, confused. "Clark, what makes you think I have a girlfriend?" He asked softly, running his fingers through my shaggy hair. His blue eyes stared into mine.

        "But Janie.."

        "Janie isn't my girlfriend. She's not even close to it." I couldn't even help the second flood of tears from escaping me as I clung onto Tyee. His large arms engulfed me and made me feel safe and secure. He was warm, soft, and hard all at the same time. I usually don't like being touched but Tyee had a firm grip that made me not so fidgety, it made me feel almost safe.

         "I would never mislead you in any way, I promise you that. Okay?" Tyee was promising something that made my insides churn, but it was something good, something warm. Yet it made me want to barf.

         I nodded my head as Tyee lifted my chin, giving me a small peck on the lips. His soft lips rubbed against my parted and slightly chapped ones.

         How could he want to kiss me? I'm messed up, a freak... I don't get people, never have. How will Tyee love me?

         I know I'm already falling hard for Tyee, so hard that if he doesn't want me the same way, I know I'll be done.

        For good