Chapter 2

(Avengers' Tower, Y/n's POV)

"What's a girl gotta do to get some food around here?"

I know they can hear me. They've all buggered off and are doing fuck knows what, but I know they can hear me. There's at least two of them sat watching me from behind a screen, and my money's on Stark and Laufeyson.

Dumbasses.

"So you're just going to let me starve?" I call out. "That's torture you know? Like all the days that I spent locked up at Hydra, all the days that my body grew weaker as List refused to feed me. The Avengers said they'd protect me. They'd never let it happen to me again. And now you're the ones actually doing it. What a shame."

"The Avengers swore to protect y/n. We owe you nothing."

I look up at the camera with a grin, "You still don't get it, do you? You have to accept that this is y/n. This is me. The young, naive, stupid little girl you used to have is gone. She is gone. I'm here now."

"You're an unwanted guest who's getting evicted very soon."

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that? You still don't know what this thing is," I point to the silver disc on my forehead. "But I do. It wouldn't take much for me to touch it in just the wrong place to kill this body. To kill y/n."

"I'm sure you could. But you won't."

"And why's that?" 

"Because you still haven't completed your mission, whatever it is. So as long as we have you here, you will stay alive."

I laugh, "This is cute. You think you're the ones with the power here. Think again. Tin Man."

There's a pause, then a sigh, "Just give it up. Tell us what you're here for, and we can help you."

"You give in so easily, it really is disappointing."

"What are you? If you're a consciousness, we can find you someone else's body. Alright? We can give you freedom."

"And if I'm not?"

"Then we won't really be killing you when we take y/n back. You can't kill something that doesn't exist, right?"

"You think you could get close enough to take her back?"

"I'm happy to give it a shot."

"Even when I have this?" I raise my hand as electricity sparks up and down my arm. "Don't you wonder why I haven't even tried to escape yet? We both know I'm more than capable."

"Yet we both know you won't."

"Hmm. Or maybe I'm just waiting for the right time. Something you won't see coming."

"You can't surprise us. We have cameras on you from every angle. We can see every step you take, we can hear every breath, every footstep. You have no way of communicating with anyone outside of that cell besides us. There's nothing you can do."

"Again, you don't know what this is," I point to the disc again. "You don't know what it can do. You might think I have no ways of communicating, but I have this."

"And I think you're bluffing."

"Then you need to make a choice. Gonna call my bluff?"

Silence.

"That's what I thought."