Fantasy Ranger (side story)

“Whoa!!” screams Teru as he landed roughly on the grass. He lies down for a moment. A big and looking grumpy cat approaches and sniffs him.

“I’m fine, Pi,” told Teru to the cat. Pi mew. Slowly Teru rises and cleans some grass sticking at his body. Pi watches him.

“So, this is the place where I can find the one with power,” mumbles him. He looks at Pi and smile.

“Let’s do our best, Pi,” said him. Pi mews again. They start to walk around the place. It’s actually a school, and the way Teru dresses makes him look very out of place.

“I guess I wear the wrong cloth, Pi. People are staring at me,” mumble Teru. Pi only mew, not really signing does the cat agrees with Teru or not.

...

They keep walking until arrive in a vast area. Teru isn’t aware that an arrow is heading fast at him.

“Watch out!” a girl screams. She bumps into Teru. The arrow crosses over Teru’s head and get into the dart not far from him.

“Are you alright?” ask the girl.

“Yes, thank you for saving me,” said Teru fixing his cap.

“Don’t mention it,” Teru looks at the girl and stun. The girl is very beautiful and cute. She sits politely in front of Teru. He quickly follows her. The girl laughs swiftly.

“Are you a new student?” ask the girl looking at Teru’s outfit. Teru follows her look.

“Ah, yes. I’m new. I don’t know the way around,” said Teru nervously.

“I see. I’ll be happy to take you around,” offer the girl.

“Ah, thank you,” Teru bends his head. The girl slowly rises and gives her hand to Teru. Teru stuns and quickly takes the hand.

“I’m Hizaki. What’s your name?”

“Teru. I’m Teru,” introduce Teru.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Teru. Hopefully we can get along,” Hizaki smiles. Teru also smile awkwardly.

“Yes,” suddenly Pi mews. Hizaki looks at Pi and quickly become excited.

“Is it your cat, so cute!!” said Hizaki and takes Pi inside her embrace.  

“Yes, the name is Pi,” said Teru.

“It’s a cute name. Hello, Pi. I’m Hizaki. Nice to meet you,” Hizaki shakes one of Pi’s leg. Pi mews again and snuggle bellow Hizaki’s neck. Hizaki laughs because of the tickle. Hizaki then takes Teru looking around the school. Pi walks before them.

“There are also clubs you can join: baseball club, basketball, fencing, archery, kendo, music, and art,” told Hizaki.

“What club does Hizaki joins?” ask Teru. The question makes Hizaki still.

“I was with archery,” said Hizaki slowly.

“You aren’t with the club anymore?” Hizaki shakes her head.

“No, I’ve resigned,” Hizaki looks outside the window. They were standing at the hall.

“May I know why?” ask Teru gently. Hizaki keeps still. She takes a deep breath.

“Do you believe in supernatural power?” ask Hizaki.

“Eh?” ask Teru surprise. Hizaki laughs swiftly.

“Never mind, it’s a stupid talking,”

“No, no, I don’t mean that. Actually, I’m interested with it, I really do. I do believe in supernatural power,” said Teru. Hizaki stares at him, checking either Teru is saying the truth or not. He seems to be honest.