The heart of an android

“yukihiro-san, what would you say if you met hyde-san at a shop?” ask the announcer.

“Ah,” I answer that instantly bring laughter from the crowd. I just smile listening to the laugh. I slightly looks to hyde, standing at the center of the stage, he was also smiling. I bent down. I do like to see him smiling.

“What do you want me to say?” I ask to myself.

“You want me to say that I’m happy to see him alone outside the band –without the two-, that he’s looking awesome, looking beautiful? I can’t say that. I can’t ever say that,” I take a sigh and slightly look again at hyde. He’s laughing at tet-chan now. I wish they would quickly get over with this question-answer’s session; I want to play and turn my thought away from thinking of him, though it would be hard. It’s damn hard, all this time. 

...

“tet-chan is crazy! He kept watched over me like a watch dog! He doesn’t let me do anything!” moan hyde one day. 

“He’s only caring about you. He doesn’t mean bad,” I said. Both of us were at a restaurant, waiting for our orders to come. hyde has called me and asked me out to eat. Eating hasn’t been the thing I usually do, but since hyde was the one who asked, like it or not, I’ll be still going.

“That’s not the way of caring. He treats me like I’m still a little kid!” hyde keep protested. I only smiles.

“yukkie-kun is different, wish tet-chan can be more like you,” said hyde.

“Why do you say that?” our talking was interrupted by the coming of the waiter bringing our orders. It’s quite a lot. I just stare at them and slowly look at the tiny man in front of me.

“Are you sure you can eat all of this?” I ask.

“yukkie-kun is also eating, that’s why I take you here. So, I can feed you. Tell me when the last time you ate?” ask hyde. I still, think.

“Never mind, let’s eat,” ask him. He starts to eat his big bowl of noodle. I slowly follow him.

“As I was saying,” said hyde between his food.

“I wish tet-chan could be like you,”  

“And why is that?” I repeat the question. I wish hyde won’t bring out tet-chan’s name on our talk. But, I guess I also don’t have something to talk about with him.  

“He needs to loosen out a bit. I understand that he’s a leader; he has to think about the band, and he’s carrying lot of burdens. But, it doesn’t mean he can’t have a little fun,” told hyde.

“You’re saying that because he forbids you to stay up late playing video games, right?” I ask. hyde becomes still and looking at the noodle inside the bowl.  

“Well, yeah…that’s just one case,” I smile. hyde doesn’t like being treated like a kid, but realizing or not sometimes he’s acting like a kid.

“tet-chan has a point. If you stayed up all night, you would get sleepy all day and can’t work properly. I’m sure he won’t mind if you play it in normal times. Why don’t you ask him to play together?” suggest me.

“That’s impossible; he doesn’t like my kind of games, horror games. He’s more into your games. Both of you often played together, right? That’s envies me,” said hyde. His face looks grumpy.

“Envies you? Because we played video games together or were it because of tet-chan?” I ask to myself.

“Just try to ask him, who knows he would change his mind,” I continue. hyde only lifts his shoulders.