8.

Austin Carmichael
.
.
.

Austin Carmichael

Breathe in...

Breathe out...

My hands are shaking, my whole body is shaking...

I stop for a moment and touch the plant in the corner of the hall, then I touch the painting on the wall.

Okay this is not a dream...

I just got out of Trey's car and I'm not asleep, so I close my eyes and take a much-needed breath. Secondly, I bite my lip suppressing the smile that was starting to hurt my cheeks, I clutch his hat  in my hand and walk inside the house too huge for one person.

But that's not bothering me right now. In fact, nothing could bother me. At the moment I'm the happiest person in the entire world. I just stepped out Trey's car after spending so much time talking and getting to know him. I feel untouchable.

Oh my God

It felt like a dream

I don't know what to do with myself

I never saw this coming. Not on a Wednesday. Not in a million years and especially not after closing my door and pulling the curtains.

This morning, I was in my bed rotting away per usual. Overwhelmed about everything that has been happening the past weeks, I locked my door and found comfort under my blanket. Janet continuously knocked on my door trying to get me to eat something, but I couldn't get myself to.

My phone was buzzing constantly because my parents, mostly mum, was trying to undo her damage out of guilt. I completely shut myself off until today when I heard the strange noise coming from the court and my curiosity got the best of me.

'It was Wednesday and no one ever came there' I thought to myself as I tried to ignore the noise, but when it became too loud, I couldn't help but find myself peeking through the curtains.

Astonished, I unconsciously opened my door and walked out to be certain of what I actually just saw.

Who I saw...

It was Trey. He was harshly throwing the basketball against the pole, not with the intend to score. He seemed frustrated and angry from my balcony and it sealed it entirely when he sat down and put his hand over his head.

Is he okay?

What's going on?

Am I seeing things? Am I so obsessed to the point where I'm hallucinating?

My heart suddenly fell to my toes, when I looked down and it seemed as if he was looking straight at me.

'Oh my God, Austin, this is it. You've officially gone crazy. It's over' the small voice in my head started panicking.