13.

Treyvon Jones
.
.
.

The sound of my phone continiously ringing wakes me up so I slowly open my eyes to adjust it to the bright light

The sound of my phone continiously ringing wakes me up so I slowly open my eyes to adjust it to the bright light. It will hurt less.

I have a splitting headache and I can't think straight.

My back is aching and the bed is usually uncomfortable, but not this much. It feels like I'm laying on the ground. No pillow, no blanket, nothing.

My chest also feels heavy as if there's something on top of me.

Confused, I look at the first thing I see when my eyes slowly open.

The blue sky and beautiful clouds.

Wait, what?

The sky?

'How the fuck am I seeing the sky first thing in the morning' I think to myself as I look around to see birds, trees and the blue water smoothly flowing causing me to finally realize that I'm not home.

I didn't go home last night. I somehow ended up spending the night at the beach laughing, drinking and teaching Austin how to ball.

Austin

I look down to see Austin's head on my chest with his arm over my middle sleeping so peacefully with his lips puckered. This is why my chest felt so heavy.

I wipe my hand getting rid of the sand before rubbing my eyes sleepily thinking about what happened last night.

We were balling. I remember Austin almost falling so I decided to teach him how to ball. A while later, we stopped and started talking and drinking and I can't remember what else happened. Everything after is blurry. I just know that I was feeling better when I revealed stuff I've been bottling up.

My headache makes me hiss in pain when I move a bit. This is the first time I've been knocked out by beer. The bottles are all empty scattered across the beach and my ball is near the water.

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing again and I look over to see it face first in the sand a feet away. I try to pick it up, but I can't reach it without waking Austin up so I stretch slowly.

Just when I finally get it, it stops ringing and Austin groans getting up with his eyes squinted. I watch him look around with a deep frown on his face before tiredly putting his chin on my chest and closing his eyes.

When he opens them again, our eyes meet but I think he's too tired to react so he stays quiet staring at me.

"Trey" he says softly yawning, his voice a bit gone.

He looks exhausted.

"Morning" I greet him groggily as I follow his movements. He sits up crossing his legs which allows me to get up too and we sit there in complete silence looking down at the sand. I've never felt so tired in my entire life.